“Nice warm place, cold service”
Review of Bleu de Toi - CLOSED

Bleu de Toi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Bleu de toi", a resturant based in the heart of Lyon in the world famous rue Merciere, specialises in mussels & fries, and also fish "a la carte" or steak from our local butcher with all you fries. If you are in a hurry, but value high quality food istead of eating fast food, the "Bleu de toi" is the right place to go! And if you come through TRIPADVISOR, we will offer you a cocktail of your choice! See you very soon! You'll warmly be welcome."Bleu de toi", restaurant situe dans le coeur de Lyon, dans la fameuse rue merciere, specialise dans les moules-frites, avec aussi des poissons a la carte ainsi qu'une viande de boeuf. Si vous etes presses mais que vous voulez manger "bon" et non pas du fast food, le "Bleu de toi" sera votre meilleur choix! Et si vous venez grace a TRIPADVISOR, un cocktail vous sera offert! A tres bientot! Nous vous attendons avec le sourire!
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Really nice place. Wooden floor and boiserie make the place very warm. On the contrary, servants are very cold and not emphatic girls: they are there for salary, not for passion.The excepion was a nice girl wearing sunglasses and dedicated to prepare drinks. We had a table near the bar and we could see how nice she was with everybody. We had tuna steak and tuna brochette. Fresh, but not too high quality.Same as frites. Medocre house wine, but overall not expensive for what we had. 36€ for two.

1  Thank MarcoMilano_Italy

Reviewed October 11, 2012

A gem in Lyon, rustic restaurant on restaurant row, the Mussels Provençial are out of this world. Blue de Toi is an event by itself, one of my favorite restaurants in the world.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Our last night in Lyon my wife and I were looking for a relatively small meal of simple food. We were walking down the "restaurant row" on rue Merciere and came upon Bleu de Toi, where almost everyone was eating moules (mussels) and frites (about 14 euros). While we enjoyed our dinner and the beer that accompanied it, to be honest our moules were way over-salted, and the sauces (mine was curry and wife's was provencale) were too thickened by cornstarch, so that the sauce stuck to every finger, body part, and clothing that came in touch with it. Definitely, below average. However, the included green salad, frites, service, and beer were good.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We went to Bleu de Toi as were under the impression that it was a fish restaurant. However, unless you eat mussels, there is very little choice. As I don't eat shell fish, it meant the choice was limited to salmon or tuna. Even then, there isn't much choice, either tuna carpaccio or a plate of smoked salmon (with chips and salad?? very strange) or a few other options.

It's very lively and after a couple of mojitos, the disappointment of lack of choice didn't seem as bad, but I was hoping for some amazing food in Lyon and don't think smoked salmon (and it wasn't even good quality!) and chips gave me a taste of the gourmet offerings available.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Walked by this place during lunch hour having already eaten elsewhere and decided to return for dinner. As with many french eating establishments, they close around 2 to 3 and reopen at 7-7:30. This place is definitely worth finding if you like mussels. They prepare them about 10 different ways including a "moules de moi" monthly special. There is a decently priced lunch special but available only weekdays. The mussels come with a very tasty green salad with kidney beans and corn and a very light vinaigrette style dressing. The mussels come in a pot that looked like it might hold a gallon of liquid. I didn't count them but guessed there were 4 to 5 dozen mussels in a serving. I had the house version "bleu de toi" (creme fraiche and mushrooms) and my wife had the "mariniere" preparation (white wine and shallots). The mussels were cooked perfectly, plump and tender and not overcooked the way so many places tend to serve this meal. The sauces were outstanding. I soaked mine up with the excellent bread accompanying the meal. As for the frites we had a difference of opinion. My wife loved them but my preference is for thinner and crispier frites so I gave them a B. Overall though a great value. Finished with a crepe and vanilla ice cream that was great. Add in a 50 cl house red (Cotes du Rhone) and the tab was just around 40E. A good value for a great meal.

3  Thank Frenchguy48