“Sports lovers, don't miss this hotel”

Hotel Lyon Metropole
Ranked #18 of 195 Hotels in Lyon
Pune
“Sports lovers, don't miss this hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

As soon as I entered this hotel in the middle of the night I said wow!!....... this place is very cozy, nice and lean.

I was coming from Casa and stayed at Lyon Metropole for 2 nights on business & conference. I ordered a taxi to pick me up from the airport, the taxi reached on time and took me directly to the airport. Approx 40 mins traveling time.

The night staff at the reception was very friendly and quickly checked me in with all support. He ensures I can go to room soon to relax.

The hotel is popular with sports lovers, it has amazing swimming pool, terrace tennis courts and other sports activities. The food is great (though, I didn't like the breakfast). They can make breakfast little bit more classy, there were not many items to choose from.

The rooms were clean, internet was fast and overall experience was great.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
lyon
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I travel over the whole world, and I am used to luxury hotels and restaurants,
We just finished our sport session, and went to the bar for a coffee and thee,
I have no other comments, just have a look at the picture I joinded.
2 euros coffee
7.50 euros for a thee ! I have never seen this before !!!!! even in the biggest Palace in monaco !!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I didn't stay at this hotel. However, I have to be there on regular occassion as my senior colleague stayed there during our trip to Lyon. The hotel is located in an excellent location with view from the river and hills. The facilities are also excellent with a free access to th SPA. The room has a lawn in front which adds to the comfort and allows to take view of the excellent location.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly. They were always ready to come to the help. I myself will stay at this hotel next time I come to Lyon and would recommend others to do so.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Belgium
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We spent a pleasant Thursday and Friday night here mid-November. Following the advice of other Trip Advisors, we asked for - and got - a renovated room away from the lifts. This was reasonably sized, correctly heated and had a sliding door onto a terrace overlooking the river. For the first time ever in my experience of standard hotel rooms, the w.c. was separate from the bathroom, a good idea. The hotel's strongest feature is probably its spa - a decent sized indoor swimming pool and outside a series of bubble baths linked by channels where you can swirl around in hot water even on a cool November morning. We also had a very satisfactory meal in the hotel restaurant, and the staff were uniformly pleasant, one of the receptionists being particularly helpful in helping us organise our visit to the sights of Lyon.

The calm of the hotel stems partly from the fact that it some distance from the old town and commercial centre, a 25 euro taxi ride from Part-Dieu TGV station. We became quite expert on the 10 minute no. 40 bus service to and from La Pêcherie in the old town, which stops right outside the hotel, and keeps going - infrequently - till late at night. A trolley bus ride takes you from La Pêcherie to Part-Dieu station.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKexpat52
Brussels
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We came without kids and hoped the hotel would be as pretty as it looks on the internet. It's not bad, it is just not what we expected for a 4 star hotel. First important thing to know is that only some of the rooms have been renovated. We booked a junior suite and were extremely disappointed. Big but really old fashioned. We took a "classic" room instead which I have to admit was pretty spacious for a French hotel room. The decor was modern but not very stylish in reality. It was fine... but not the kind of room you really want to spend time in. The exercise room is huge with all kinds of equipment and the pools really are impressive.

That being said, it is an excellent choice for families with children! The staff is very friendly towards children and there is plenty for the kids to do (pools, kiddie gym, etc.).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kdet
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stopped over at this hotel on our way to Spain and also return
its a good stop halfway to break the journey.
If you enjoy a swim wll!! this is a must !! it has an amazing massive swiming pool and a very nice spar.
From the outside first impressions not good ! looks a bit like a nasty block of flats But dont let it put you off! the rooms are good with a very comfortable bed nice river or pool views.
Found Lyon itself to be a beautifful town just didnt have enough time to see it all would like to go back soon.

• Liked — pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank emmagoat
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We stayed at the Lyon Metropol in mid-May, 2008. We were at the tail end of a road trip through Switzerland, Italy and France. At first glance, the hotel was about what we had expected. The first thing we did after arriving was change into swimwear and go down to the spa and pool area. This was really nice, although the water in the indoor pool was really too cold to enjoy. As the night wore on, I became a bit disappointed. We were really tired and wanted to order room service, but there was no menu. I called the room service desk, and was given some choices over the phone. In the end, we decided to just go down to the bar for a light meal. However, the bar is currently under renovation (or was at that time), so we found an ersatz-bar in a side room. The waiter was at first rather unfriendly...we asked if we could have the choice to sit out in another area so that we could see the TV, and were told in no uncertain terms that it was either this (boring and umcomfortable) room or the (fancy and overpriced) restaurant. In the end, we ordered from the unfriendly waiter in the boring ersatz-bar. The food was overpriced and disappointing. (I guess that I must say at this point that it was POURING down rain, otherwise we would have sought a restaurant elsewhere. I was simply too tired after a day of driving to seek adventure at 9 pm in Lyon.) We slept only moderately well, having been given a room near the elevator and vending machines. There was a lot of (unnecessary) noise all night. I do not think the hotel was very full, so I wonder why this room was even used when it was not a last resort. In the morning, breakfast was OK. Before leaving on the last leg of our journey, our son wanted to take another swim. He, unfortunately, lost his glasses in the pool area. What then occurred was the reason that I rated the hotel 3 points rather than only one or two. The staff at the spa and pool area as well as the front desk were extremely helpful in locating his glasses. The flow of the outdoor spa was shut off and a lifeguard swam around until he found the glasses.
This was a pleasant surprise after the rest of our experience here. If booking this hotel, do not expect to eat here. Take the time to look before leaving home for restaurants in the area. Do pack your swimwear as the pool area is the highlight of the hotel.

• Liked — Pool and spa
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family