As such, the hotel is OK and; as indicated by other members, one is indeed not hampered by any noise. It is standard IBIS fare with an above-average breakfast buffet. And the terrific "Brasserie Georges" is just next door.
Two reasons stand out why it is difficult to recommend this place as such:
1. The area is shabby, overlooking the monstrous structure of the Perrache train station. When walking, it is really hard to get to from Place Bellecour. One needs to cross an underground of the type in which underground figures loiter to trade their wares. The result is that, at night, one ends up taking a cab.
2. By car, this place is absolutely not practical. The parking from the train station is very hard to get to. Count on some 10 minutes in total while walking. For a 24 hour stay, we paid 31 EUROs. In total, these hidden costs do add up to the final bill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis Lyon Centre Perrache is located in the city center, 5 minutes' walk from Place Bellecour, Old Lyons and the new Confluence district, and adjacent to the famous Brasserie Georges. Located at the junction of the Paris/Marseilles highways and close to Perrache train station, the hotel offers 123 air-conditioned and fully-renovated rooms, free WIFI, CCTV-monitored public car park 55 yds (50 m) away and spaces reserved for coaches in front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Lyon Centre Perrache reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Lyon Centre Perrache Hotel Lyon
- Accor Lyon Centre Perrache