“Very nice restaurant with excellent service”

Le Comptoir du Boeuf
Reserve with
Le Comptoir du Boeuf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #518 of 3,683 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2014

Came here with a work colleague and had a meal outside the restaurant. The waiters were very patient of my terrible French and would speak to me in English when Iwas trying to order. We went for a set menu and I was very impressed with the food and the price. Would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed September 10, 2014

After sitting in one bistro in the old town with the menus and not getting served we walked off and were looking at the menu of Comptoir du Boef when we were approached by a very friendly and helpful waiter. He said that their specialty was meat as they were part of a butchers; but we were only looking for a light meal. We looked at the menu and saw a variety of salads. My wife settled for the vegetarian and i was torn between a gravad lachs salad and a carpaccio. Eventually settling for the gravad lachs. Both salads were large and full of fresh items. We were very satisfied and in hindsight sorry that we did not return for a more substantial meal in the evening. All the meals served looked great and the customers all seemed very happy.

Reviewed September 7, 2014

As others have attested, the service here is quick and efficient. I had a three course meal: the soup of escargot and mushrooms was excellent, as was the chocolate pastry dessert. Ironically, it was the ribeye steak that was underwhelming.

Reviewed September 4, 2014

What an unusual place. In the old town, there are lots of places to eat, and we chose this one on the strength of the umber of others eating there. I had the salad lyonnaise ...really excellent, I had the entree version for E7.50, and it was a big plate of salad with chopped tomatoes bacon and croutons, not drowned in dressing, and with a soft poached egg. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. The unexpected part is the beef....it is their speciality and the owners also farm the charolais cattle ...they are proud of the quality! And rightly so.

Well worth the trip. Many diners had the set menus and made happy noises around quality and price.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

3rd visit to this excellent restaurant. Good menu of the day, with obvious limited choice but lives up to the reputation of Lyon being a great centre for food in France. Can recommend. 3 courses very well priced.

Been to Le Comptoir du Boeuf? Share your experiences!