“Perfectly OK”

Ranked #1,599 of 3,507 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2018

They sit you, then give you what, twenty seconds to decide what you are eating. When you ask for a bit more time, they are back twenty seconds later. Nothing at all relaxing about the place, which is a pity, as it is truly charming and the food is quite good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a reviewReviews (515)

Reviewed October 20, 2017

We had one of the small, wobbly, outdoor tables in this tiny restaurant in a narrow pedestrian street. We both had an excellent salade Lyonnaise for starter. We each had a different version and enjoyed them. My wife had the fricassée de volaille and I had the travers de porc, both of which were good. I then had an excellent St. Marcellin cheese followed by the tarte praline (never had before) and my wife had an excellent oeuf à la neige. All were included in the 29 Euro menu. We enjoyed our truly Lyonnais experience in this typical and highly recommended bouchon.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Three of us had a fine dinner at 'Les Trois Cochons'. It is a sweet cozy restaurant off a minor pedetrianised street, full of mementos to the pig. In a spirit of rebellion, I had the quenelles de brochet, which were absolutely delicious in a deep red sauce nantua. Excellent service as well as good, reliable food.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

I went to Aux Trois Cochons a few weeks ago with a larger group (some 20 people) - hard to find a place to accommodate such a large group, even on a weekday. In Rue des Marronniers all places were quite full, only Aux Trois Cochons was quite empty (I think I know why now). I had Ravioles de Royans in crème de St Marcellin – very heavy, drowned in heavy sauce, no real flavor, and Pike quenelle (see photo) – not sure what that lump was, but I doubt it had even come to within a mile of an actual fish. Returned most of it to the kitchen. With some water and a beer I paid over 40 Eur for this.
Some people in my group felt ok about the food, for me it was the worst restaurant meal in a long time. Avoid.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed November 2, 2016

I have been going to Aux Trois cochons for years every time I am in Lyon. I love the place and its atmospshere.

I noticed that the A la Carte menu has reduced in size. The set menu at 17 euros et 22,50 euros represents value for money and its contents are taken from the A la carte. there was much more choices in the past and I was given the impression that its taking the way of this tourists places. I hope I am wrong.

The salad Lyonnaise was good but not as generous as the one I had last time.
The pied de porc were just great and most probably one of the best I had. The competition is set between those I had and the one chez Denis in Paris! The quenelle was really good nd the sauce to die for (ask for a spare bread basket to clean the dish!)

The Cervelle de canut was very good and better than my last visit. For the sweet my kids tried a café gourmand with 3 different types of sweet (tarte au praline, chocolat fondant, wild cherries sherbet). I opted for the griottes sherbet with kirsch!

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Aux Trois Cochons - Le Pere Fillion? Share your experiences!