“One of the best location for a budget stay in short trips to Lyon”

Residence Hoteliere Temporim Part Dieu
Ranked #100 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The best feature is the location of the hotel; Residence Hoteliere Temporim Part Dieu is located few hundred meters to Lyon Part Dieu Station.

Lyon Part Dieu Station has a railway access, Rhonde Express, to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport, so if you look for a budget hotel to stay and easy transportation to/from the airport the hotel is one of the right choice in the region.

Being in walking distance to Barrio Club in Lyon, offers a good night life with latin rhythms.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank viajandomundial

Reviewed February 13, 2014

So I am 1 week in during my 2 month stay for work. I am staying in a superior studio. The apartment is very roamy. Kitchen has a microwave, hot plate, small fridge and some dishware/cookware. The bathroom does not have much shelf space. The shower has a hose showerhead but the placement of the showerhead is very low. The apartment is clean. My apt had very limited lighting. A few lamps here and there, but didn't really provide much light in the room. The bed itself is ok. The two pillow I have was quite flat.

The front staff doesn't seem to want to be there. They do their job in terms of checking customers in etc., but when asking them suggestions about the area they didn't really give much answer (which is expected for hotel front desk staff).

AS EVERYONE HAVE STATED THE WIFI IS AWFUL. The receptionist told me that the wifi is meant only for facebook and gmail..etc... In the afternoon (when everyone is out), speedtest is about 1 mbps bandwidth. In the evening when everyone is back, I barely get 0.5 mbps via speedtest. Gmail doesn't even load for example. So wifi is very useless. Being on the 7th floor, I couldn't find any other wifi to connect to (hoping someone else have an unsecure connection).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked a 'superior studio'. The room was clean and simple, the bed and the pillows are in the minimum acceptable level. The bathroom was like the bathroom of a students' residence.

With only a small window (with a curtain that does not completely cover it) the room was dark. Although I did not use the kitchen it seemed to work perfectly.

A simple place if you are travel in a budget (I would not pay for it more than 60 Eur/room/night.) or if other places are fully booked.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was very clean, enough room and was as displayed in pictures. I had an external or older shutter which blocked out any street noise and light. Easy walk to Lyon Part Dieu. However if you're wishing to look around the old part of town it is a reasonable walk away. Spent 7.5 hours walking the day I was there. I loved it. This was my second visit. I drove the first time and drove around in circles before I got out, so walking is probably better. I love Lyon.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The residence in fine, I would say it's an average place. They have two buildings with the apartments and both of them are very close to an elementary school so if you plan to sleep with the window open be prepared for an early wake up. It wasn't a problem for us. Our room was spacious and clean when we arrived and they cleaned it several times during our 4 day stay, but not every day. The kitchen is fine but the kitchen stove is not working very good, it's ratty. There is also no kettle in the room so you have to use a saucepan to make a tea. It was cold during our stay and as there's no radiator, we had to use air con to heat the room. It was impossible to sleep when it was working, too loud. But anyway, it's a very good place if you need to be close to the train station Part Dieu. Wifi works fine in the room, but sometimes it is too slow. Also keep in mind that the residence is not close to the main attractions and old part of the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna K
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have only one major complaint about this hotel. Our room smelled horrible. It smelled as if 50 people had crammed into it and chain-smoked for a year straight. Even though the towels and linens appeared to have been freshly laundered, the smoke smell was so ingrained in the room that it seemed the bed had absorbed the smoke smell. The pillows and duvet were horribly saturated in the smell. Both my friend and I had sore throats from the disgusting smell.

Other than that, the room was clean and we had no complaints about the service {just wish we had asked for a different room. Perhaps our room is the only one with this stench as I didn't see any other reviews complaining of this.}

Parking was a little dicey, too. We luckily found a spot on the street right across from the hotel but it was sheer luck.

However, if you are allergic to cigarette smoke, I would avoid this hotel. I do not plan on ever going back.

Room Tip: I believe our room was on the 6th floor right next to the elevator. Steer clear unless you love smel...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SarahD82
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Location was relatively easy to find but driving around busy Lyon city centre can be frustrating.

Hotel staff were unfriendly and rude, did not offer any help or advice about local tourist sites, or maps or any recommendations.

We needed secured parking as driving into Lyon. Hotel did offer secure private parking but at €8 per day. Car parking was hard to find (more difficult without any assistance by staff), in dingy, super small and cramped lock up garage a street's drive away from the hotel.

Free wifi was included but had to ask the reception twice to provide us with code. It also restricted access to one device only and speed was TERRIBLE and Internet kept dropping in and out.

Room was spacious but furnishings and kitchenette area not very clean. Separate bathroom and toilet which is nice but bathroom had mouldy shower curtains.

Awful flat pillows and super hard bed, it was more comfy on the lounge that was in the room then the bed!

Minimal complimentary toiletries, a tiny tube of shower gel and 2 tiny towels (size of hand towel) for the 2 of us. Complimentary tea/coffee but no milk.

No key but code access for room and no room safe or lock up box.

We were directly above a school so it was SUPER noisy in the morning and afternoon and room not soundproofed so had to out up with it and surrounding noises from other rooms.

Did not feel safe walking around the hotel area at night, especially walking up the dark dingy parking corridors up to the street where the hotel was.

Very minimalist hotel, rude staff, terrible Internet and so-so location. Not worth the money to stay. Don't bother wasting your time here.

So put off by the hotel that couldn't be bothered taking photos.

• Stayed: November 2012