“Not a touristy Hilton” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not a touristy Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The location is in the middle of business district, the exorbitant fee for the internet is targeting business users who 99% need to have wireless access, we stayed there because we needed an overnight stop on the way to the Alps. We got the comfortable bed and reliable (with just a bit of snotty attitude at the reception desk) service and then we were on a way.

Good, reliable hotel like all business Hiltons, absolutely not a good idea if you want to visit Lyon for longer and do sightseeing and feel the atmosphere of this gorgeous city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarleneRoger, PA to General Manager at Lyon Marriott Hotel Cite Internationale, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for your comments on trip advisor with regards to your recent stay.

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel and we would like to apologize for any possible inconveniences.

Indeed our hotel is part of a modern building designed by world famous architect Renzo Piano. I would specially recommend to visit the Park Tete D’or - one of the largest city center parks in Europe,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Hotel Hilton Lyon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient and comfortable hotel for trips that could benefit from access to the magnificent parc la tete d'or. NOT in the city center, 15 min. from it taking traffic and pace of public transport into account. Easy and reasonably priced parking. Fairly new rooms.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed being with us last year and that you particularly like our hotel location.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back this year should you wish to visit Lyon again.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've stayed here on 3 occasions. Fine hotel. Clean rooms. Quite. The most comfortable beds ever. Nice location next to park. The only down side is €20 a night for room internet which is not what I'm used to from hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you overall enjoyed staying with us and I want to thank you for your kind comments posted on the Trip Advisor’ site.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Lyon when you next require accommodation in town.

Weybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

A very nice, modern Hilton just outside the heart of the city but right on the fringe of the Parc d'Or.
Rooms are well maintained and restaurant is of a high standard. Now my regular hotel whilst working in the city (1 week in 8)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely thank you for your positive feedback following your stay with us.
You are such a great ambassador for us. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Wheeling, WV, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel was great. Clean and welcoming. I was worried that I don't speak French but that was no problem the front desk staff spoke perfect English. My room overlooked the park and was kept spotless daily. Free Internet is only available in the lobby and restaurant so that was kinda a pain. Most Hotels in the United States have free WiFi throughout. I had breakfast at the restaurant daily and it was a nicely appointed buffet. The few diners I had were tasty as well. The only complaint I would have is the waitress at the restaurant was rude and seemed put out that she had to be there. Love the Hilton brand.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit. I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our location between the park and the Rhone! I have read with great interest your comments, and they are valuable to us to improve a quality that we want still increasing.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Lyon.

Kind regard

Nolensville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I would not stay here again. It was just average. We had a 10 day stay, 5 days before a conference and then 5 days for the conference in an executive suite. 48 hours after we arrived we got a note from the front desk saying accounting wanted to see us. We went down and they said it was their policy that because we had 48 hours of our room rate and implied that we were not able to pay our bill. We told them to charge our card every couple of days if they needed to. or check with the credit card company to make sure we were good for our bill. There were no unusual room charges other than the room and internet. We were so confused, this has never happened before at any other hotel before, they kept saying it was their accounting departments policy. Of course the front desk person did not speak much English so it was hard to communicate with anyone. Finally after waiting another day the issue was never addressed again, and we had no problems at check out so we never were sure what was going on. The breakfast is nice to have, the staff friendly and attentive. We loved the Brasserie was very nice, with a wonderful selection of tapas and friendly staff. The location was nice because the conference was right in the complex, but next time I would stay closer into the city. The bus stop is convenient and takes you everywhere. The park across the street is beautiful. Our safe in our room got jammed one morning, and they had a hard time finding a key and then unjamming it, but they got it done. All in all it worked because the conference was there but I would not stay there agin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDiagonalMar, General Manager at Lyon Marriott Hotel Cite Internationale, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you found the team members of the hotel friendly and attentive. Also, your mention about the breakfast and the tapas menu in the Brasserie it is very pleasant and helpful to keep us improving our service.

I am very sorry to learn that you was disappointed with us when we requested you to settle your account a few days before your departure and especially for not being able to explain you clearly the reason of our demand. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this disturbance and please rest assured that the only reason to ask you to pass by the front office was because we believe that it is convenient to our long stay guests to check their charges after a few days, to ensure that all is correct and to avoid a long bill and check upon departure. Of course, it is recommendable only in cases of long bills with a lot of charges to check, which in your case was not necessary.

Again, I ask you please to forgive me for this unfortunate issue that should not have happened.
It is very important for us to keep working to provide an excellent service to our guest and your feedback is highly appreciate because it give us the opportunity to review and to improve our processes.

I really hope that you will reconsider your decision of not staying again with us and I ask you please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of your assistance.

Ignacio Rodriguez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Back again and enjoying it even more than the last time. Ignacio the GM has made some great changes and updates and the staff are still some of the most friendly I have found in any Hilton (I spend a couple of months a year staying in mainly Hilton hotels). One of the surprising changes we found was the addition of a tapas menu to the Brasserie restaurant. We spent our summer holidays in Andalucia and visited a number of different locations and never found tapas as good as this! The location of the hotel so close to the park and the modern art museum also make it a great location. The 14 year old Oban single malt in the bar is also a bonus! Great management by Ignacio and a great hotel that we will continue to return to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarleneRoger, PA to General Manager at Lyon Marriott Hotel Cite Internationale, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Lyon and for taking the time to send us your feedback.

We appreciate the comments we receive from our guests, as this is the only way we can find out of our shortcomings and improve the quality of our services.

Your input has been taken into consideration and reviewed with my colleagues.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,