“One of a kind, fantastic experience!”
Review of Cour des Loges

Cour des Loges
Ranked #10 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you want to stay in a unique, beautiful hotel in the heart of Vieux Lyon, this is it! Our room is beautiful, the food is amazing. This hotel is actually 4 ancient buildings joined together. One was built for a spice merchant in 1341. Just outside the hotel are many many restaurants, shops, beautiful buildings. If you are looking for a modern, spacious chain type hotel room - this isn't it. However, it has everything a boutique hotel should have - attentive staff, exquisite food, comfortable bed, and a wonderful walking neighborhood.
If you are coming from the airport - take a cab. Trust me - it is in the ancient part of town with twisting cobblestone streets. There is a spa in the hotel - we just didn't try it. The Sunday brunch was sold out - reservation only. However, there was a cancellation and the hotel found room for us. Pricy, but unforgettable.

Room Tip: Evidently the rooms vary greatly here. I guess if you are converting a monastery, that's a given...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaineNick
tischker, Propriétaire at Cour des Loges, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I would like to thank you for describing Cour des Loges in those terms.
That is the way we really like our hotel to be valued by our clients.
We truly hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last month and it was so lovely! I cannot think of a better location, stepping out of the hotel and you are in the heart of Vieux Lyon with its wonderful old architecture and restaurants. We had a beautiful room with a door out to a gorgeous, large shared patio. The indoor pool and sauna were so unique and perfect after a day of sightseeing. I loved all the staff and I have to say the concierge team was one of the best and friendliest I have ever dealt with. I honestly have only wonderful things to say about this gem of a place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has direct access to the patio if you like to enjoy wine outdoors in the evening...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NWGoosieGirl
tischker, Propriétaire at Cour des Loges, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your so friendly comment.
We could read through your lines that you enjoyed your stay in Cour des Loges. This is our main concern.
We will be delighted to receive you again in the near future in Lyon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We came here by TGV from Paris to take advantage of a 'special deal'. Unlike such 'deals' in the UK we were given the best of accommodation.

This is the place to be right in the centre of the old quarter and close to the cathedral. The hotel is a Renaissance building which has been rescued from mean circumstances and made into a first class venue. The ambiance is just right - dining in what once was an open court now roofed over.

The staff were superb.

Downside? The bedrooms were a little dark due to facing onto the arcaded logia and we never quite mastered the shower controls!

Expensive, but worth every Euro. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
tischker, Propriétaire at Cour des Loges, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We are delighted you liked your stay in Cour des Loges and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot but normally stay in regular business hotels until Cour des Loges - was highly recommended to me and I just love it here! The unique rooms, the staff, the service, the food! Everything!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank SanMarcosTraveler

We are happy that you took the chance to stay in Cour des Loges, and that it met all of your expectations.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again for your next stay in Lyon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Before choosing Cour des loges I have checked more than 10 hotels.During my stay I checked the other hotels location but believe me this is the best.Centre of the old town,so close to every where,good service,really nice useful and charming rooms. Concierge made my all restaurant reservations and all of them were excellent,thanx for them.Thanx to all staff.

Room Tip: Room 45 really surrounded by windows.too shinny and nice view of Baselika.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
tischker, Propriétaire at Cour des Loges, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

The whole team of Cour des Loges is really pleased you liked your stay in Lyon.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here on business for 4 nights in March.

Other reviews have it right - some rooms are better than others. I had a large room but it was dark and if you're looking for the conveniences of data ports, AC plugs everywhere, this is not your hotel. I had a bit of trouble navigating all of the different switches for the lights but that's the case in many places. Initially I was disappointed in housekeeping (didn't clear away a bunch of empty glasses, didn't replace a towel I wanted them too) but they redeemed themselves in the end.

The place itself is an interesting maze and I can't believe they have carved a hotel out of it. The breakfast was excellent each morning and the bar is cozy cozy.

I can't say enough about the concierges - I dealt with 2. One (stocky with dark hair) provided expert advice about what to see and do in the area and where to eat. The other (shorter, with a mustache) saved my travel plans. On my last day of the trip, I awoke and had a leisurely breakfast. I went to the desk to arrange a taxi to the airport. I didn't know about a huge winter storm across the northern part of France and he advised me to check my flight to Paris connecting to one back to the US. I did and it was cancelled and he instantly began helping me make plans to take a TGV to Paris. I went to my room to pack quickly and during that time, he even called SNCF without me asking to do so to see if he could book a reservation for me.

When you travel a lot, you learn to appreciate great concierges and the Cour des Loges has them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan S
tischker, Propriétaire at Cour des Loges, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.
You are right. Cour des Loges offers different kinds of rooms. All of them provides I Pod/I Phone station, high speed wireless Wi-Fi and, of course, AC plugs.
The housekeeping step in the room twice a day. The morning to clean the room, and during the evening to change the towels, open the bed, close the curtains... Except if the "Do not Disturb" sign is hold at the door.
Our concierge team aims to facilitate the stay of our customers.
Your report went straight to their heart.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst checking out places to live and schools for our children in preparation for an impending relocation. It was my birthday so we treated ourselves to this, pricey for us, hotel and also had supper on the Friday night. Our room was gorgeous, an upgrade on arrival, I loved the large bath but annoyingly despite low level lighting in the sleeping area the bathroom could have done with secondary dimmer lighting. We spent a couple of hours in the spa, very relaxing and quiet. My husband requested a cosy table in the corner of the dinning room for our evening meal which was wonderfully private but also allowed me to people watch. The food was delicious and of an impeccable standard. We needed a car so booked parking which was very convenient once we found the hotel. It's down a back road so tricky getting to it. We parked outside and the hotel re-parks the car elsewhere. It was well worth the extra we paid to have it ready and waiting when we needed to go out and explore. We checked out of the hotel very pleased with our stay. Here comes the rub. We had booked the Sunday brunch. There was a lot of food but the quality was extremely poor compared to the supper we ate on the Friday, fine if you like all you can eat but definitely a case of quantity not quality. When we went to pay our credit card was rejected and the lady who served us was very rude about it. Having just paid to stay in the hotel for two nights, a meal and parking we were hardly on our uppers so to speak. Needless to say when we checked with our card provider the fault had lain with the hotel not us. Annoyingly I had to use a different card and anybody who handles their finances with the rigidity I do will understand my pain. It was a disappointing end to a wonderful weekend especially as all the other staff at the hotel had been fantastically helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We do thank you for all these great feeds back about your stay.
The sad end you writing about should have never happen for what concerns the credit card problem! We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.
By the way, our reader needs to know a bit more, about what our brunch service, on each sunday is.
It has nothing to see with our Michelin star restaurant you tried the day before.
Our talented head Chef, Anthony Bonnet is able to provide different styles of cuisines : gastronomic, trendy food at the Café Epicerie, an amazing breakfast and our brunch on sunday.
Indeed, what we offer on sunday is much more adapted for families and friends looking for good food in an all included price of 55 Euros, offering a welcome glass of Champagne, a weekly selection of wines, mineral waters, teas and coffees. The concept itself is different, the recipes adapted and considered as the best in town.
In your case, it was a kind of misunderstanding and believe we'll try harder to train our staff, taking reservations, to give much more informations in the future.
Knowing you as setting down very soon in the area, we wish you a very welcome in Lyon and see you coming back in the next weeks at Cour des Loges.