“Strangely interesting!”

and up
Lyon City Card
Ranked #4 of 202 things to do in Lyon
More attraction details
Owner description: This stately old building is located in Vieux Lyon.
Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Strangely interesting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wouldn't have thought to go to this attraction, but my friend wanted to. Afterward I was surprised that I really did enjoy it. There are many levels in and out of adjoining buildings that have large rooms presenting works. The first few floors encase relics from movies and some actual movie sets, including Perfume: The story of a Murderer. Never heard of it? Neither had it, so of course I had to watch it that night.
The remaining few upper levels revealed the bizarre world of people that built miniatures. Not sure if you're into that, but some of them were SOOO tiny!

1 Thank Jenayyy

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went in based on other peoples recommendations and are pleased we did. We had our 10 year old boy with us and he enjoyed it very much as did we.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My partner and I visited on a rainy day, but now we've been we'd both recommend going even if the sun was shining! Before you even pay the small entrance fee you get a taster of what's inside, to whet your appetite. It doesn't disappoint.

From the full movie set recreations, to dozens of special effects exhibits, movie props and scores of miniature dioramas, this museum really delivers. There's something for everyone - small children, movie buffs, mums and dads, older folk.

My one word of caution is that there are a LOT of stairs to go up and down, and many are steep or uneven.

Allow at least two hours to get the best out of the place. My partner and I took it slowly to let two large groups of primary school children get way ahead of us, so we could browse in peace!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mark K
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Loved the cinema exhibitions but not so sure about the miniatures”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I loved visiting this museum and particularly enjoyed the exhibits with the masks/special effects from films. I was pleasantly surprised with how large the museum was!! I wasn't quite so sure about the miniatures exhibitions though - I agreed that it was very talented workmanship but the enjoyment of viewing them is limited and I thought 3 floors was a bit too much space to dedicate to this.. would rather have seen more film memorabilia.

france
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Dont miss this little treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited this mainly because it was pouring down with rain. I would go back even if the sun was shining! Excellent museum, very different and very interesting. Lots of special exhibits imported from the film industry with genuine examples from blockbuster films. The children seemed to really enjoyit and there were vary helpful steps on all the exhibits to allow the younger children to see, great touch! The basement diaporama of the original sets from the film 'Perfume' were utterly brilliant and some of the minature works of one of the best miniaturists around were stunning. We had another appointment which meant us leaving before we had seen all 7 exhibition halls but the staff were happy for us to return on our original tickets in the evening. Entrance fee of €8 but worth every penny. Allow a good 2+ hours.

1 Thank joddwallgate