“Enjoyable Lyon Bouchon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Bouchon de l'Opera

Le Bouchon de l'Opera
Ranked #193 of 3,203 Restaurants in Lyon
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Griffon - Royale
Milwaukee
“Enjoyable Lyon Bouchon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent a week in Lyon and knew that we had to try a bouchon. I'm not a huge fan of organ meats, which are the specialty of bouchons, so I purposely found a highly rated bouchon on TA that didn't have just organ meats as a choice. I was very happy with Le Bouchon de l'Opera, as were the other three diners with me. The hard working husband and wife who own the restaurant and do the cooking were so nice, welcoming, and friendly. The atmosphere was cosy - as if you were in their home. The first course I had, a soup with crayfish and chicken, was perfect for a cool March night. I also totally enjoyed my main course, chicken with morel mushrooms. Prices were reasonable so it was a great value. It was a great place to try for my first bouchon and I would definitely recommend it to others, who would like to try a bouchon.

• Visited March 2013

Geneva, Switzerland
“The best "bouchon" I have ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice atmosphere, divine typical "bouchon" food, very nice wine, and a super friendly owner. All this for a very reasonable price. To be absolutely recommended.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“first bouchon's experience in lyon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was truly a different experience. While in Lyon we wanted to try a "Bouchon". We tried to get a table "Le musee" but it was all ooked but the cook and owner was kind enough to recommend to us an other bouchon close by and even call up for us to confirm availability. What a nice experience. The "Chef owner" is the one who greet you with a very welcoming attitude. Once you get the menu, he then will take time to explain in detail the vrious items offered. We chose to eat local specialities such as the "potage d'ecrevisses et de quenelles" jut wonderful and the "Andouillette". The meal was outstanding and the owner just kept on interfacing with us, talking and providing more inormation about the region and some of its perticular attractions.

I would go back in a flash to this place. Note that the local specialties are quite rich and heavy so may not be appealling to all. As well let them choose the wine for you, they have various table wines that are great and will complement your meal perfectly at a veryreassonable price.

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank cramduaner
“Warm atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had a splendid evening at le bouchon de l'opera. Very warm and welcoming staff, really good food and nice atmosphere. If you like traditional french food and local atmosphere this is a good restaurant to visit.

3 Thank koronan