“A most enjoyable tour”
Review of Kanpai Tours

Kanpai Tours
Ranked #5 of 56 Tours in Lyon
More attraction details
Owner description: We create and operate the best possible wine tours to give the opportunity to visitors from all over the world to experience behind the scene Beaujolais, North Cotes du Rhone, Macon and Burgundy wine countries with departure from Lyon, France. During the day, you will meet passionate wine-makers, visit medieval towns and wine taste award winning wine in a friendly atmosphere. All our tours are guided in English, French and Spanish.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A most enjoyable tour”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had a most enjoyable time on the day tour out of Lyon to Oingt and Perouges. These are beautiful medieval towns and vineyards that seem to jump out of children's picture books. Olivier was very knowledgeable and personable. He brought us to a family-run vineyard and the owner showed us the process of wine-making. We tasted various kinds of wine and there was no pressure to purchase at all. We had a very tasty lunch of Euros 14.5 that was not included in the tour. Olivier was very professional to pick me up from my hotel and promised to take me to the train station so that I could catch the train that would take me to the airport to fly home. On the way back, there was a massive jam, Olivier had to find his way through all the smaller roads asking his way along so that he could get me to the train station to catch my train. I am very grateful to him for being so responsible and I wish him all the best in this business!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CL L

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An excellent tour with a personable and knowledgable guide”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We were delighted with the day tour we spent with Olivier exploring the Macon and Beaujolais wine districts.
His knowledge on the wine making process and history of the old heritage towns we visited gave us a rare
Insight into the area. This tour was inexpensive and a wonderful day out of the city of Lyon. Thanks again
Olivier for the wonderful day we spent with you and wish your business every success in the future.
Regards from two Australians.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Danielle C
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic tour of the northern Rhone valley”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I did the half day tour of the northern Rhone valley during a week's holiday in Lyon with my partner and family recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Lyon who has an interest in wine, or would like to see and learn a bit about the history of the local area. This is a small, personal tour and provides a unique opportunity to meet and chat with local winemakers, often at small, family owned vineyards. I found this to be a much more enjoyable experience than I have had doing wine tastings and tours through larger, more commercial organisations in other regions.
Olivier is an extremely accommodating host and very knowledgable, both about wine and the local area. He goes out of his way to provide an experience that satisfies the interests and expectations of all of the people on his tours -not easy when groups contain people from diverse backgrounds who speak different languages! He was very helpful in providing information by email before we went on the tour, and even went out of his way to make a last minute change and book my parents into a tour later in the week (at no extra cost) when one of them became ill and couldn't go on the scheduled tour.
The tour provides an opportunity to buy wine direct from the wineries, but there was absolutely no pressure put on guests to do this.
I hope to be able to do another tour with Olivier if I am back in Lyon one day, and in the meantime look forward to enjoying the lovely wine we brought back home with us.

Canberra, Australia
187 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 399 helpful votes
“A highlight of our time in Lyon”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A memorable day in Beaujolais region with Olivier and 6 other people...we all got on really well even though we only just met - interesting thing was that 6 of the 8 guests were 3 couples from different parts of Australia. The day was very well organised and Olivier was a knowledgeable and thoughtful host. A few stops along the way in the morning to view the rolling green hills/vineyards and traditional French farm houses (see photo). After that, a vineyard visit...interesting information and beautiful wine; followed by a nice homestyle cooked lunch, not included in price of tour, but various menu options available at varying prices. In the afternoon we visited the beautiful historic village of Perouges. Olivier showed us around the village and explained the history etc and after that we had about 30 min of free time. It was very cold so I opted for having a hot chocolate in front of a fire in a cosy cafe/wine bar. Our journey back to Lyon was most relaxed and pleasant! Many thanks to Olivier!

1 Thank NotMolly
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine tour in Mâcon and Beaujolais regions”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

On our five day stay in Lyon, the wine tour with Olivier and Kanpai was an absolute highlight. We had chosen the tour “Mâcon and Beaujolais Crus” to discover two great regions in one day, without spending all day driving on the highway. And this really met our expectations! We started in Mâcon area with the great white wines like Pouilly Fuissé - with excellent local guiding. After a delightful country lunch we continued to Beaujolais region, visiting a very nice, small vinery in Fleurie. All day Olivier did a great job introducing us the secrets of the local winemaking. All perfect – except the weather (rain and snow! in end of April), so we can only imagine how this beautiful landscape would appear in just a little sunshine. Thanks Olivier for great day!
(Group of 6 Norwegians)