“Stunning meal”
Review of Les Loges

Les Loges
Reserve with
Les Loges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 3,512 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is in this spectacular setting, surrounded by the interior Florentine stone courtyard and topped by a spectacular contemporary glass canopy 17 meters high, the star chef Anthony Bonnet and his team offer a bold and creative cuisine centered around the finest ingredients and in rhythm with the seasons. From place to plate and everything in between, Cour des Loges offers a fascinating journey for an unforgettable epicurean experience...
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had the 95e tasting menu and were totally knocked out by what was the best pigeon dish that we have ever had. This was served as the meat main and came with a breast sliced and cooked pink to slightly underdone, perfect, and a confit of pigeon in a pastry tower, which was exquisite, the accompaniment was a small jug of almost runny mashed potatoes with garlic, but again were just perfect.

The remainder of the 7 course meal was very good, but by the time it came to the chocolate soufle, we were just about done.

There is an extensive wine list with a large range of Rhone wines, and thankfully a very helpful and knowledgeable sommelier. I was particulary impressed that having made some possible selections I was guided to a better wine that was less expensive than my selections.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a wonderful night. This restaurant is the perfect romantic escape in Lyon, and a food lovers paradise in the food lovers city, Lyon. They deserve their Michelin star, and I hope they continue to deserve it so we can go back and experience it again one day.

The service was very good. Attentive, friendly, happy, non-assuming and professional, it was just as good as the food. We ordered from the a la carte menu and it was exceptional. Stand out dishes from the night included an amuse bouche of cold rockmelon and strawberry soup and a disc of honey dew, all at once delicate, refreshing, a little sweet, enlivening the palate perfectly. For an entree my husband had the most amazing dish either of us have ever tried, a crepe cannelloni with shredded oxtail ragout complimented by a beef jus, truffle, radish peas and lettuce. It was TO DIE FOR and that dish alone made this the Michelin experience we had hoped for.

I could go on, but just stop reading and reserve a table, its an experience worth its weight in gold (or euro's)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant is the atrium in the heart of the Hotel Cour des loges in Old Lyon. It is a beautful, atmospheric setting, evocative of a renaissance florentine courtyard.
The service was gracious and impeccable, and the food was Fantastic!. We had a 3 course meal with an additional amuse bouche and a pre and post dessert courtesy of the restaurant.
We couldn't touch the cheese cart which looked wonderful.
My roast pidgeon was perfectly prepared. The 3 chocolate desserts were the most intense chocolate I have ever tasted.
Everything was perfect.

1  Thank Hotketchup
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Let me preface this by stating that both my wife and myself are foodies and we traveled to Lyon in a quest for authentic Lyonnaise food - from hole in the wall Bouchon's with their tripe and frites to restaurants like Les Loges.

Located amongst winding cobblestone streets in the indoor courtyard of a 16th century (if I recall correctly) hotel (Cour des Loges), Les Loges was one of the most delightful setups in terms of ambiance. We got to the restaurant at 8:30 for our reservation, were seated immediately by a courteous and surprisingly warm staff. The dusk light was shining in from above and candles were lit all over the restaurant - it was beautiful - and the night just got better from there.

I ordered a price fixe menu and my wife ordered a la carte. Neither of us were disappointed in the least. The pea soup was wonderful and the escargot appetizer was unbelievably good. The highlight of the night for me was what was explained to me as "chicken breast and thigh." I thought to myself, alright, how incredible could this possibly be. The breast portion was tasty and very good, but the thigh... oh man. The meat was shredded and wrapped in a cabbage leaf - the flavor almost brought tears to my eyes. My wife had sea bass which was also spectacular. And really, the food kept coming - palate cleansers, dishes between dishes, an extra side or two. I'm pretty sure the mashed potatoes had a 1:1 butter ratio. I have been to a lot of Michellin restaurants where you leave in search of a sandwich shop. Not here.

The waitstaff was excellent - efficient, but not intrusive. They actually smiled which was a breath of fresh air in high end French dining. Our waiter actually had a great sense of humor which helped to ease any pretentiousness. The Sommelier took his job VERY seriously, but I will tell you what - I asked him to choose a wine for me (he chose two - a red and white for respective dishes) and they were absolutely perfect pairings. I could not have been happier with his choices.

We ate at another Michellin one star (Tetedoie) two nights previous and our experience was far less impressive. I give Les Loges a SOLID 5/5 - worth every penny.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a lovely place to have dinner for a special occasion - it is a bit expensive but the food is great - not big portions but great taste and not really ideal for vegetarians

Been to Les Loges? Share your experiences!