“Good place for a casual business dinner”
Review of Brasserie le Nord

Brasserie le Nord
Reserve with
Brasserie le Nord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 3,410 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cordeliers - Jacobins
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Casual french food.
We took our American colleagues and they really enjoyed the cuisine. So we did. Service was great. They have got an English menu and waiters speaks English. Prices are reasonable. Will definitely go there again.

1  Thank Celin_Arjls

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for a group dinner during a convention. Wine bottles were placed on the table and one clear white wine bottle had something foreign in the bottle close to the top. The wait staff was informed and the bottle was taken off the table. When wine was returned we noticed part of the stuff now near the bottom of the bottle! They had just fished it out without replacing the wine. Only after we brought it to their attention the second time was a new bottle without stuff in it produced. Appetizer of foie gras had very little balsamic vinegar on the plate. The chicken served tasted okay but the sauce had a film on it as if the plate had been sitting. The company had a menu written up and what was described was certainly not what was given- no evidence of any stuffing with morels or crawfish. Dessert was supposed to be warm apple tart served with ice cream. A cold unattractive piece of pie was served without ice cream. The filling was mushy without flavour and tasted as if it had been defrosted. An offer to heat up pieces was given. All in all a horrible meal with appalling attitude of restaurant. Often group dinners with set menus are not as good as when ordering from the menu. In my opinion the restaurant took advantage of a corporate dinner and the food and service was served without any care or pride. I would not recommend going to this restaurant.

1  Thank quito
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Only got to go to 2 of the 4 Brasseries owned by Paul Bocuse, Le Nord and Le Sud. L,Est and L,Ouest next time. The food was so nice, as was the service. So much better the the main tourist street resturants. This was my favorite as I prefer the food from the North of France. My wife preferred Le Sud as that is preferred reginal style. Both were very enjoyable and can not wait to return to complete the 4.

1  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recommend this restaurant as I enjoyed meal very much with nice atomosphere.
I was satisfied with dished and service and also price is reasonable at lunch time.
I d love to visit another branch!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Paul Bocuse is not just a name as all others in France, even more in his city, Lyon.
This is not his main restaurant but a brasserie (of a series of 5) he opened in Lyon centre; Le Nord is the one dedicated to the French cuisine. His name is a guarantee, and the expectation was fulfilled.
What was not was the price: I was expecting muh more, due to the name, but the price were absolutely in line with all other restaurant in the city, maybe also less than average. A menu was around 28-30 euro.
I tried here a typical French onion soup; I don't like onion, but it was delicious! Then I took a kind of sausage with pistach in a kind of bread slice (there was the sausage in the middle of the bread, so I assume it was cooked together), very good also this. Then I tried a fish, and at the end a dessert. I payed about 45 €, but I ordered more than the simple menu and also a glass of wine.
The price so was absolutely acceptable for the place and the quality.
My only remorse is that, with all the years I spent in Lyon, I was not able to try all the Bocuse restaurant. Well, a good reason to come back in this beautiful city!

Been to Brasserie le Nord? Share your experiences!