“Awesome!”

Ranked #83 of 3,760 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

It was recommended to us and it was a big surprise. The staff is excellent and so is the food. We were so satisfied by our lunch there that we went back for dinner. Regrettably, we had to leave Lyon on the next day, so we will miss L' Amboise, but we have suggested them to open a branch in Madrid. If you visit Lyon don't miss it!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

If you search for lovely atmosphere, delicious food and good price, you should visit this restaurant. We really loved it and will for sure come back. Thank you!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Decoration is sober but elegant. The host is friendly and all smile. People seem to be relaxed and enjoying their dinner. Small menu which likely means fresh products. Excellent food with good presentation. Perfect combinations with some creativity. The wine list is very decent with a great selection by the glass. Finally prices are totally acceptable in the light of the quality and service. I definitely recommend L’Amboise and will get back next time I visit Lyon.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017

We happened to rent a room in the building for a few days in Lyon, and you know, although Lyon is clearly a reference in gastronomy, sometimes after a long day, you go for the lazy and quick solution, we decided to eat there rather than walk around for a more complex solution.

But what a great idea ! this place is very good indeed !

They have a very small menu, which is not necessarily a problem, usually it is a good sign. But if you don't find anything you fancy on their menu, you will have to go somewhere else. The menu changes from time to time.

Everything is cooked with care, presentation of the plates also receives some attention. The tastes are really nice and they do attempt some unusual combinations that worked quite right for us.

We had meat and fish and everybody had a great time. We even went for desserts although we were not very hungry, but the experience was good enough for us to want to go all the way.

The team is small but extremely friendly. The place is tiny, so it probably is better to book in advance. If you come by car, there is a parking nearby (les Celestins), don't try your luck in parking outside, this will certainly open your appetite, but will also increase your frustration.

The deco of the place is excellent. Well thought of and full of nice details.
This was definitely an excellent surprise, you can try it with closed eyes, you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Little café around the corner from the hotel I was staying at, which was recommended by them. A husband and wife team I belive.

I like how they are trying to do interesting things with local favourites. I started with the Salade de poulpe, tuile à l'encre de seiche et coulis aux 2 poivrons. (Octopus with squid ink) this was cooked to perfection, really tender and full of flavour. I then had Pluma de porc ibérique bellota, sauce vigneronne au chèvre (Bellota Iberico Pluma) I have never had this cut of meat before and it was amazing!! So tender and flavourful, wow I couldn’t get enough of it. I finished off with a deconstructed Cheese Cake which was just the right size to leave me contented.

Service was friendly, although a bit frantic due to how busy it was, which is good to see in these small places.

In all a worthwhile place to visit if you are in the neighbourhood looking for a casual yet well cooked dinner after a day of sightseeing.

Date of visit: August 2017