“Thank God!”

Ranked #2,853 of 4,114 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux Lyon - Quarantaine
Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

First place in France I’ve been to that was willing to create and amend their menu for my vegetarian dietary requirements. They took their bacon off the carbonara. No where else would take the meat off. (Not on the Eiffel Tower, not at half a dozen restaurants we went to). The waiter felt so bad that I’d be hungry he even gave me an extra plate of fries on the side to make sure I was well fed.
Drinks were excellent the food tasted amazing. Best service and he spoke good English too. Every where we tried to go to first at 6:30pm refused to open the kitchen for myself and my 5 friends until 1930. They were already excited to started cooking. If you’re a tourist and want to try snails, frog legs and have and have a French experience I highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (515)

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

So agree with a lot of the posts. Pretty run down. Bathrooms a mess (but in saying that, bathrooms in general are hard to be pleased with in all of France) our waiter was working hard. We were a very large group, and it looked like he was working the front, back and patio by himself. So no complaints there. I ordered the salad lyonnaise and it was awesome. Then I had the onion soup and I have high standards for this and let me tell you. Not the best presentation but 5 stars for flavour. It really was good. Others ordered the Quenelle - very tasty, the sausage good but a little salty.
In general a good lunch spot, just run down and short staff.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Location very good but rest is horrible. Tipical tourist trap...avoid at all cost. Order catch of day.. get mousse Operator says also fish price stays the same. Traveled to far and was to tired to recognise this trap.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Lesson learned - restaurants in prime locations (eg beside cathedral square) seem to have attitude that service and food quality doesn’t matter. Service was slow, rude, charged for a beer that was immediately returned due to not being what was ordered; food items not to quality we had been experiencing. Definitely felt that we were treated very differently as english-speaking foreigners.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Well located with nice waister, but not too much place to eat with small tables. The menu is typically from Lyon and the food is good/tasty. Better to arrive early (like noon) to be served efficiently. The restroom is ugly... A bit expensive but correct for the place and the food quality.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to La Gargouille? Share your experiences!