“Excellent Gluten Free Pastries”
Review of Les Gasteliers

Les Gasteliers
Ranked #755 of 3,651 Restaurants in Lyon
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband has Celiac, and discovered this place when searching for GF pastries. We decided to get dinner here, as we were not in the mood to hunt down a GF restaurant, and we were not super hungry, and just wanted a light dinner. We each ordered one of their combos, which came with a sandwich or pizza, a dessert, and a drink. The price was very reasonable, and the food was good. My husband got one of their sandwiches, which he really liked. I got a slice of pizza. It was good, but not the best I have had. However, the pastries are the real draw to this place! My husband was thrilled to be able to get a real éclair, and it was delicious! My chocolate raspberry cake was incredible! Skip the pizza, get a sandwich, because their bread is so good, and make sure to get as many pastries as you can eat.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Best gf in France so far, have tried a couple in Paris but this is the best! Not too expensive either. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend is allergic to gluten, therefore we did a little research before coming to Lyon and stumbled across this cafe. We went there on a Friday afternoon and we were bot disappointed! The place were so cozy and nice and everything looked so delicious! We ordered both some savory and some sweet and both tasted great. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t suspect it to be gluten-free. The price isn’t half bad for what you get. Would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Lyon.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Yep. The same sane title as the last three reviews, because that’s what this place is. It’s a real French patisserie shop but entirely gluten free. I’ve been to other gluten free French bakeries around the world, but this one is the best I’ve found. If you have celiac you must stop here for amazing French pastries. I can’t emphasize enough how great this place is.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

This place is amazing and if you have a gluten free diet it's a must visit. I speak virtually no French but this wasn't a problem for the staff. On the first visit we had sandwiches and a pizza. My husband enjoyed it, even though he is not gluten free and usually avoids gluten free breads, and I loved it. We visited again today for pastries. The only problem is there is so much to choose from.