“Superb Atmosphere and Creative Cuisine”
Review of L'escalier

L'escalier
Ranked #64 of 947 Restaurants in Grenoble
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Laurent - Lavalette
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went to L'escalier for a work dinner. As soon as we stepped in the door, you could feel a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. The tableware was very chic and lovely. We started with a kir royal and lobster mouse which were both outstanding. My dinner was a perfectly cooked sea bass with hints of green tea, celery and apple flavors throughout. We all shared multiple desserts and I have to say the cheese board was outstandingly creative! Highly recommended for a perfect dining experience!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was in Grenoble for a business trip and I had to invite my customer to have a dinner.
We tried l'Escalier. It was a big success. The atmosphere was fine, the food good and very well presented and the wine was superlative.
The restaurant, of course, is not so cheap. We spent about 100€ per person.
the service was very good too.
To suggest if you are looking for some of "special".

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife took me here for my birthday. Great atmosphere (classic old building woth seating for about 30-40 people). She ordered the menu gourmet and I ordered the menu gourmette (lighter, more fish. We like to compare). A few dishes in I noticed we were getting the same dishes, so both of us got the gourmet. No worries, all the courses (5+ amusees) were great. The starter of egg with caviar was amazing, the two versions of fois gras very good, the frog leg was good, the hare I could have passed on though. There was a fondue. For the final course the flaming desert was tres arty but too large to finish, my cheese course included a cheese fondue that was the previous course :-(. Price was about 65 Euros each plus wine for this extravaganza. Next time, though, I'll definitely demand the menu gourmette.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

A real experience, imaginative and inventive menus. combining a number of elements to create a dining e net to be remembered. the fois gras was exquisite and followed by a trio of veals with sweet meats. Washed down with a bottle or two of chateaueneuf du pape, what a meal, highly recommended but go easy on the Green Chartreuse.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a little hidden gem in the heart of Grenoble.
Best food, best atmosphere, best service
I have eaten there 2 years ago with family and before that a few times when I was living in Grenoble.
I strongly recomend this restaurant