“Great food, unprofessional service”
Review of La Fondue

La Fondue
Ranked #383 of 942 Restaurants in Grenoble
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Laurent - Lavalette
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well the food was delicious, and the amount of cheese fondue we received for 2 people was more than ample, however the service was unpleasant from the start. Once we walked in and sat down the 2 waitresses and 4 other kitchen staff (kitchen line is in the dining room - mind you) started carrying on a conversation - essentially yelling, swearing, being incredibly obnoxious - as if they were all at a bar or in a closed-off kitchen. It was very loud, distracting from our meal and conversation, and definitely very, very unpleasant. Not to mention that about 5 minutes after the waitress gave us our complementary shots of Chartreuse liquor, which we wanted to sip on slowly, she returns to ask us to leave because there were other customers waiting, but only after she stood next to the table and watched us like a hawk for 10 minutes seeing if we had paid/finished. It was a great experience with traditional regional food, but for the price and service, I might look elsewhere for a similar find.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

La Fondue is one of the more tourist oriented restaurants in Grenoble; the theme is "traditional" mountain food such as cheese fondue, raclette and tartiflette. The food is magnificent (as long as you're fond of cheese), and the service is quite good, The selection of wine is limited, but goes well with the food. Prices are OK, typically around 30€ for main course, dessert and a glass or two of wine.

However, I got a slight feeling that the traditional food was a bit overdone. So even though it tasted great, I'm not sure how realistic it is...

Summarized: Great food, good service, OK prices but a bit cheesy (pun intended)!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been in "La fondue" with a big group of friends. I could expect the service to be not so good for such a big group, but it is fine. I had the 3 cheese raclette...my GOD, so so good!!!! Some friends ordered the cheese fondue and the opinion was the same, it was delicious! Besides the excelente food, the atmosphere of the place is adorable. Very charming and cosy. Price was ok, not too much, but not cheap either. I strongly recommend this place!

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My first trip to grenoble and this was a high light, my French friends asked what I would like amenities said typical grenobelese food - La Fondue was a treat, rustic,small with food to die for, I had a blue cheese grattan - awesome !!! A must ! Peasant, rustic and a great atmosphere - I well advise you to try it

Ian Liverpool

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I had a tartiflette which was delicious and very filling and I was happy to pay €15. It's a really cosy place and most of the staff were very friendly. In case you couldn't tell by the name, it specialises in fondue and all other cheesy specialties of the Savoie region which you need to try if you've never eaten before but 2 people minimum. Nice place.