All reviews valet parking great hotel valet service breakfast was delicious glass of champagne pedestrian zone mini bar comfortable bed small balcony would definitely stay here again old town junior suite modern hotel central location the hotel staff lovely room underground garage
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Over the last 2 years, I have been going to the Grand Hotel Grenoble Centre every time I need to be in Grenoble. This was my fourth visit and my longest stay (5 nights vs 3 night stays for previous visits). I am actually too lazy to update my profile for Grenoble with my corporate agent and just ask them to rebook the same hotel. But I will take time to do a little bit more research for my next visit. I was quite disappointed this time by a couple of things:
1.the fact that when I arrived the room smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked the cleaning staff to check the smell and they said they have already put freshner and maybe we should leave the windows open. I checked with the reception staff and they said that sometimes people do smoke in the rooms and there is nothing the staff can do about it....Good for me I caught a bad cold during my stay there and lost my sense of smell after Day 3...
2. The room had 1 set of extra-big double windows and NO heating in the bathroom. You could actually feel the cold coming through the window and given that outside temperatures were below 0°C, the temperatures in the bathroom was actually unbearably cold for a 4* hotel. When I asked if we could have a portable fan radiator or something else for the bathroom I was told there was nothing and that the hotel was fully booked so they could not move me.

The afternoon/evening reception staff are adorable and very warm and welcoming so a special thanks to them for making up for all the other inconveniences...

Just in case this is useful to other people: the desk in the room is quite small so it is not easy to work in the room, the breakfast area was where I worked for a few of the nights; there is no tea/coffee making facilities and no hair conditioner at least in the standard room I had.

Date of stay: March 2018
3  Thank Sunita M
Reviewed February 14, 2018

Nothing is perfect but the Grand Hotel Grenoble is as close at it gets cost x benefit. Nothing bad to say and several good... especially David (at front desk that was absolutely wonderful), breakfast and location. Will definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank paulaebernardo
Reviewed February 2, 2018

We were in Grenoble to visit our son who's studying there. My husband and me booked a mini-suite ( which is a step above the basic room) as we had read the reviews regarding small sized rooms. Check-in was friendly and speedy. Room was lovely even though still quite small for a mini-suite. Furnishings were light and airy and we looked out onto the pretty street in front of the hotel. Bathroom was very modern and we had no problem with the open plan bath and shower room - there were plenty of bathmats provided for damp floor. It was very handy having a separate toilet. Taps can splash water a little out of the washbasin so dont turn them on fully. The only problem was the a/c didnt seem to go very low and the room was quite warm but there were lovely large windows which we opened to cool down. Lovely comfortable bed and linens. Great flat screen t.v. and comfortable seats. Staff were all very friendly and greeted you every time you passed. We didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment on that, I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: We were on first floor and it was a little noisy with the windows open but fine if they were closed.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TickingTess
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Of course we were in the right mood to reach Grenoble. First of all we were very happy to get valet service to get rid of our car. Second impression was that we had chosen the Place-to-Stay when getting to our rooms: unpretentious, functional with good linen etc, one noticed at the first view that the details were well studied. The very few points I disagreed were not worth telling. So we had two good nights and, for french standards, perfect breakfasts (19 pp but worth the money)
Parking with valet service at 15€ was also a very correct rate.
Should we come back to Grenoble it would be definitely at the GrandHotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank LucienHoudremont
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I love Le Grand hotel in general as it’s clean, pretty, minimalist, comfortable bed... Breakfast selection was small but tasted great.

The room size is very small I have to say. We struggled to fit 1 big luggage and 1 small cabin bag in the room.

There are three things missing really for me for this hotel :

1) car park - no parking available on site given it’s central location. You will have find parking nearby. The hotel offered valet parking for €20 a day. Access to hotel from roads requires to punch in the 2580 as the hotel is part of pedestrian street.

2) no gym