All reviews valet parking great hotel valet service breakfast was delicious glass of champagne pedestrian zone mini bar comfortable bed small balcony would definitely stay here again old town junior suite modern hotel central location the hotel staff lovely room underground garage
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2017

We are staying in the hotel overnight. Let me tell you, this is perhaps the best hotels we ever stayed in in France. The room is nice size, very clean. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is large with the tub and the toilet is separate. The hotel overall is tastefully decorated, with a nice mix of traditional and modern decor. The staff is magnificent, nice and helpful.
Would have been great to have nespresso coffee machine and tea kettle in the room
with some choices of decaf tea and coffee. But we just asked for some hot water and got it right away. Also can't say anything about the breakfast, we are not having it in the hotel.
If I would be very picky, I would say that I would have liked my towels and bath robe to be much softer and fluffier. Other then that, we are very pleased.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Regina Z
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Stayed 3 nights in the hotel: conveniently located in the city center, very small room and bathroom, excellent breakfast (€ 19,-).
Hotel is right in the city center, only a few minutes to walk to almost any places of interest. Access with own car a bit complicated, as the hotel needs to be called upon arrival to be able to drive there. Parking in a nearby underground garage is € 19,- / day; large cars might have an issue with the small spaces.
Our room was okay, modern furniture, but very small. Reasonaly quiet at night.
Staff was vey friendly throughout. Would definitely stay there again, but in a larger room.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank K-R-BH
Reviewed October 7, 2017

I chose this hotel based on the very good reviews it had received but was very disappointed in the lack of amenities, lack of the view promised, average breakfast and especially the most unhelpful and unfriendly front desk clerk on the morning shift. While the welcome at the front desk was as advertised, very friendly, the person on the desk in the morning was not only unhelpful, but very terse and even bordering on confrontational. Luckily an extremely professional and helpful night clerk was still around to save the day and help get me to my meeting on time.
As for the room, which was supposed to be the top of the line junior suite with balcony, there was not even a Qtip or a cotton pad to be seen, no sewing kit, no bottle of water, no kettle or coffee machine, nothing. Even in two and three star hotels these minimum amenities are provided. The view was supposed to be of the mountain, but even in the daytime it was barely visible and for that you had to step out onto the balcony and crane your neck.
I came in at night and there was virtually nothing to even order for dinner, nor did anyone suggest a nearby restaurant.
The bed and pillows are very comfortable so that’s is a plus. There is no light over the bathtub or shower, and the bath products, made in Germany, are full of known allergens so I had to use my own’ which luckily I had brought.
Breakfast in the room was average, and the eggs I ordered were served ice cold. The server was friendly but this was very disappointing.For 19 euros this is not acceptable.

I was offered a gift on making the reservation, which I never received.
I would definitely opt for the Sofitel next time around.

Room tip: Don’t spend extra for the so-called suite which is just a bigger room.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank HerveVDS
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

The good : staff are very friendly, air conditioning is excellent, bed is very comfortable with excellent pillows. The bathroom had a good shower and robes provided. Breakfast was a good selection. Good location for exploring Grenoble

The not so good : room had a desk touch light which would come on for no reason during the night, so I unplugged it. The bathroom sink is a sloping trough style with a high tap that when you turn on, splashes water all over you when you brush teeth or wash face. Arrival at hotel by car is tricky as there is a bollard protecting access to the pedestrian zone. The bollard was down when I first arrived so when I drove back the next day I was stuck as the reception staff did not give me a code, there is a phone number to call, but if your phone is in the trunk, tricky ! I gave detailed written instructions the night before checking out to the reception staff and the next morning had to repeat the instructions as the requested actions had not been carried out. I would recommend checking out the night before to avoid issues. The valet service did not always work so well, I needed to leave for the airport at 7, after the bill was finally prepared, I asked if the car was available as requested the previous evening and I needed to wait another ten minutes while the car was searched for and brought to the hotel, ok not a big delay but the hotel does offer a paid for valet service. Thankfully traffic was light and the 20 minute delay did not impact my travel.

So the hotel is very good, marred by room fittings and some of the service. I would say that the service was two distinct levels very good, and not so good. I think this was due to some new staff being left alone to deal with clients, whose lack of experience and lack of support from more experienced staff members was clearly and understandably cause of my check out issues.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Griso_man
Reviewed September 28, 2017

The hotel was in a good location, with sights, food, drink, and shopping within seconds. Breakfast was fine, with a variety of the usual stuff. i would recommend this hotel for your stay in Grenoble.
Location: Five stars in the center of Old town Grenoble. Staff: Helpful, friendly and fluent in at least 4 languages. Bed comfort: High quality sheets, comforters and towels. Excellent pillows. Cleanliness: Top notch.

Room tip: Higher floors are better and take breakfast early.
Date of stay: May 2017