“Not quite as good as we expected”
Review of La Gazzetta

La Gazzetta
Ranked #62 of 914 Restaurants in Grenoble
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wales
“Not quite as good as we expected”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Spent a pleasant evening here on recent stay in Grenoble. Great service but food didn't quite live up to our anticipation from other reviews. Charcuterie starter to share was excellent but pasta and pizza mains were average. Had really nice evening but would probably try other options before returning

2 Thank birchy19

Grenoble, France
“Do not recommend for Americans”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I entered the restaurant just after 7pm, greeted the first person I saw, a young guy in his early 20s, with "Bonsoir" and then asked, "English okay"? He said something that suggested just a little bit of English. At this point a young lady around the same age as the guy can from the back. I asked if it's okay for one person to be seated. The two looked at each other and then the guy said they don't open until 7pm. I paused because I knew it was already after 7pm and I also noticed the girl realized it also was the case. She said something to him in French and then he turned to me and said the restaurant was fully reserved already. I was the only person in the restaurant and it seats at least 80 people. Were they all going to arrive at once?!? I highly encourage you to look elsewhere. There are enough other great restaurants in Grenoble.

4 Thank Ken Z
Fabrice G, Propriétaire at La Gazzetta, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
his dear American sir appeared at 7:00 pm to eat one evening of st while the restaurant was completely reserved at st valentin day for more than 15 days but still empty has the hour of its arrival.
We have him courteously explain in English that we were complete but that this has insists showing us the empty restaurant has this hour.
He was persuade that we do not want of him and he left irritated by scolding us in english
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“A Very Pleasant Meal”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went to La Gazzetta on Thursday evening with 3 french colleagues after work, It's a smart trendy Italian restaurant, We skipped starters, and went for 4 mains, and 4 desserts. I had the Linguine alla Puttanesca, which was very tasty indeed, the meal for the 4 of us including Apperatifs, and a nice bottle of wine came to €140, so at €35 a head, was very reasonable indeed. I couldn't really fault this place, and will go back again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Cool, trendy restaurant with great food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We were in Grenoble for just 1 night on the way home from our ski trip. Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and looked at the restaurants website. The food was really excellent and good value for money. Three of us ate a combination of pizza and risotto with some fabulous deserts and a nice bottle of wine for under 80 Euro. The restaurant has a really good look and is well run by attentive, friendly staff. We would definitely recommend.

Ghent, Belgium
“Trendy, fast and friendly”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Just what we were looking for late at night after a long travel: a nice place with good food and drinks and above all a professional and welcoming staff!