“Gorgeous Small Resto in Grenoble”
Review of La Petite Idee

La Petite Idee
Ranked #11 of 968 Restaurants in Grenoble
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is one of my favourite up-market restaurants in Grenoble. The food is ooutstanding. Especially the homemade foie gras! The portions are exceptionally generous and the service was impeccable. This resto is small so reservations are a must!

2  Thank MegvR

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were really pleased we chose this unassuming little restaurant for our only dinner in Grenoble. Small, with a mezzanine floor and pleasant decor. We had the great value prix fixe menu. Every course was wonderful and the lamb was the best ever! Local beers and a fabulous dessert. Service was friendly and efficient. The place seems to be frequented by locals who know the owners. Don't be fooled by the look of the place from the outside or the location (busy road), it is great! If we're in Grenoble again, we'll defnitely go back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I spent two nights in Grenoble and ended up eating here both nights - one of the best restaurants I have been to!

The restaurant is small and packed out with locals most nights – so I would advise to book a table. It has a lovely atmosphere and the food is truly wonderful. Pricing is reasonable and the waiter was lovely.

I cannot recommend highly enough!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Came over from Scotland for four nights and this place was across from my hotel. Three courses for thirty pound. Only 13 tables so be sure to book. Waiter does a fantastic job considering he is the only one. I had the snails and then steak with dauphinois potatoes. Best potatoes and steak i've ever had. Trio of deserts for pudding consisted off a scoop of ice cream, chocolate brownie, lemon meringue pie and tarte tatin. Excellent value and fantastic food.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

For the family lunch on my birthday we chose this place.Very tasty food - we 've ordered La p'tite idée gourmande and La p'tite idée régionale.Entrees were just delicious - cassolette de escargots du Trièves and Foie gras de canard maison. And the dessert- assiette gourmande-was absolutely perfect.The atmosphera is very welcoming.And the location is really comfortable - few blocks from cableway station and Old city.