“Pretty good”
Review of Citotel Trianon

Citotel Trianon
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Grenoble
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights in June 2011. It was pretty average but still nice and more interesting than big chain hotels. All the parking was taken so the receptionist called a nearby hotel, and we got to park our car in their yard. Not ideal, but we were glad he sorted things best way he could.
Cheaper than most hotels nearby and was worth the money, even though I don't remember the exact price.
We didn't try the breakfast, instead we went to a patisserie nearby for a pain au chocolate and a café au lait. Didn't lose any weight during that vacation. Heh.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed in this hotel one night in June 2008 or 2009. I had missed the last train to Geneva and so I wandered in the streets looking for a place to stay. It was getting very late and all hotels were full. Finally I fund the Trianon Hotel around the city centre. From the outside and at the reception it looked very fine and warm in dark red colors. I was pretty surprised about the gentle attitude of the woman at the reception desk. She proposed me a room at around 65€ and I was able to buy a water bottle from her also. Now that I've seen pictures from the hotel here on this site, I guess I had one of the better rooms in a kind of old style theme with a very clean bathroom with a quite large bathtub. The bed was clean with a good blanket. There was no minibar, I didn't try if there was wifi. It was a fine place to stay, quiet with a charming ambiance. I didn't have time to try the breakfast in the morning. I would recommend at least that room for a couple or lonely traveller who look for something different from the big chain hotels with posters of water drops on leaves. I would stay here again if I ever go back to Grenoble. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank ghost_object
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The Trianon staff was very pleasant, even staying on the cell phone to guide me back to the hotel when I was lost. My room was simple but clean, and the furniture was new. I appreciated the free wifi. It was a bit of walk to the heart of the city.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank jfreddion
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Overall, the hotel was quite nice. I took the cheapest "basic room" in the hotel, but actually this basic room I got was quite lovely. The hotel staff were also nice. And another good thing: free WiFi, which worked quite well with Skype.

Several nitpicks:
1. No air conditioning. I got there during the end of June and stayed for about a week. At first it didn't bother me too much since the weather wasn't too hot, but towards the end of my stay it became intolerably hot at night, and there wasn't even a ceiling fan. It turned out there were few rooms with air conditioning for extra 10 Euro/night. On a hindsight, I should've paid this extra 10 Euros.

2. Breakfast doesn't worth the money. It could've been an acceptable complementary breakfast, but not for an extra 7.5 Euro. I skipped breakfast after the first day.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank sela_mad
Reviewed October 19, 2005

The Trianon seems to have two types of rooms, decrepit and acceptable. We spent our first night in a tiny, shabby room facing the street, with a broken bed, non-functioning reading lights and suspicious holes in the furniture. After we complained, we got a nice, reasonably sized room, with new furniture, and a large french window opening to a quiet courtyard. The reception is affable, albeit absent-minded. The hotel has garages, unusual in downtown Grenoble.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank AOVirginia
A TripAdvisor Member
London, England
Reviewed August 11, 2004

It is filthy with stained carpets, I had the family room which is a deathtrap with anyone who has children, the balcony was failling apart, the bathroom was awfull. It was so dirty the children slept with their shoes and clothes on just in case.
Absolute nightmare.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 10, 2003

My husband and I had booked a room for one night at the Hotel Trianon in July, 2003. We were on the last leg of our vacation in France. We walked to the hotel from the train station ( long walk) only to find the hotel in darkness, then we saw a note on the door addressed to us, saying they were closed for 2 weeks but had made alternate arrangements for us at the Splendid Hotel and beside the note a map with directions.
We do not know the reason as to why they were closed but at the end of the day, we were both grateful and pleased they had cared enough to make alternate arrangements for us and we hadn't been left to search out other accommodations ourselves. The Hotel Spendid was only a few minutes away and turned out to be a fine hotel.

3  Thank gypsygal77