“Excellent Hotel”

Ibis Styles Grenoble Centre Gare
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Grenoble
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Everything was great about this hotel, the only complaint I have is that the windows don't have darker curtains so it is hard to sleep with the light coming in the window. Otherwise, the service was good, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in this nice hotel. It's very convienient located close to the city centre and main roads. The hotel was very clean, breakfast was nice and there were a free buffet with coffee, fruit and crossiants in the afternoon.

The hotel is very close to a number of small good restaurants, both with local french menus as well as pizzerias, burger bars and etnic restaurants like Indian or Chinese styles.

The wireless was free but may have got some issues during my stay. 2 nights the coverage was excellent but one night it constantly dropped me off. Anyway, not a big issue.

Room was cleaned every day and towels swapped if not hang on the hanger. The room was a bit small but okay for 1 person. There were a chair and 2 tables in the room but the table was very high compared to the chairs feeling a bit funny.

Despite that I had an excellent stay and this hotel will be my future favorite for Grenoble trips

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed for one night and i can't fault it. The bed was comfortable, the room clean, the breakfast delicious and there was very helpful, friendly receptionist. They even had tea and croissants in the reception downstairs that you could help yourself too. Its right by the city centre and comes at a very reasonable price. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here on our way back from a ski holiday in the Alps. We caught an early morning bus to the airport. The bus and train station are both very close (no more than a 15 min walk). The staff were very friendly and the room very well equipped. The bed was very comfortable for a hotel of this price range. We were not able to have breakfast owing to our early start, neither were we able to have a look around grenoble itself. If we ever return, we'll be sure to stay here.

Room Tip: Avoid an inter connected room, we could hear the man snoring next door!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Grenoble has a selection of hotels at many specifications and prices: the All Seasons (now renamed Ibis Styles) offers a very good package for the price, which includes a simple room, breakfast and WiFi access. The location is a short walk from the railway / bus station and has several reasonable restaurants nearby. I'm told that room numbers ending in 0 or 5 are larger, but you may need to pay more if you ask for one of these. I wouldn't use the hotel parking garage though, as access is difficult, exiting is a nightmare and there are plenty of parking spaces available for free after 7pm in nearby side-streets.

Room Tip: Room numbers ending in 0 or 5 tend to be larger.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I chose this hotel to be close to the station and the cable car. Thankfully I had telephoned to inform them of a late arrival as only then was I informed that the name had recently changed so I did not spend ages late at night looking for a hotel called the All Seasons; it is now an Ibis Styles hotel.
Having just stayed elsewhere in quite a basic hotel I was delighted to find such a bright pleasant room with a king size bed in which I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! There was hanging space for clothes but no drawers (although this seems to be the trend in modern hotels) and the shower cubicle was large and the water jet powerful.
From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the staff were charming and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. I have often said that the standard of a hotel can be told from the quality of the orange juice and I have never been able to squeeze my own orange juice before except in countries were oranges are grown in plenty.
All in all I could not fault this hotel for staff, food, location and cleanliness.
The cable car was out of service for maintenance but this meant that I had to walk up to the top - this is now a recommendation as I would not have been able to see the delightful views at different stages from the cable car; why not walk up and take the cable car down?!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We got a very good rate on our room (45 euro/night for a double). The room looked like it had recently been renovated, and it was clean. The bed was big, though not the most comfy mattress ever. The shower was awesome. Breakfast was an extensive, all-you-can-eat continental breakfast.

This hotel is in what feels like a very safe part of town. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Its location is convenient if you are travelling by car. You can park in the street, but I think you have to be either French, or have taken an advanced parallel-parking course to fit your car in the spot. The hotel also has parking for 8 euro.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple