All reviewscollege dorminstant coffeedesk staffseparate toiletwould definitely stay here againfirst floormin walkcity centretrain stationkitchenettedishwasherbedroomsupermarketalpsmonoprixfrench
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I spent four days and three nights at Residhome Grenoble. The hotel is located in a great location near shopping and restaurants. We spent the extra money for a suite and were not dissapointed. The room was modern and comfortable. The staff, however, was inexcusably rude and unhelpful when our car would not start after checking out, and we asked to contact the rental car company using their telephone. The hotel staff went out of their way to be as unhelpful and uncaring as possible, and the bleach blond desk clerk made it well known that she disproved of our using the hotel phone. She felt it was necessary to lecture us on our inability to use American cell phones in France. Unless you enjoy becoming agitated by rude, inept hotel staff who need to be either retrained or fired, I would suggest finding a different place to stay when visiting the beautiful city of Grenoble.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stay here whenever I visit Grenoble - the kitchenette provides a nice change from staying in hotels. The rooms are nicely furnished but vary considerably in size and appointment - from duplex flats with separate lounge area, 2 TV's etc, to small studio's with no window (just a roof light).

They are clean and well kept and good value. The kitchens include dishwasher and microwave and there is free wifi in all rooms.

French breakfast is an option (though I haven't tried it) and there is a small bar that is open in the evenings. Worth noting that there are no meals available apart from breakfast - so you need to self cater or pick one of the several restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The duplex rooms (2nd floor) are nicest, followed by single level apartments (1st & 3rd). The rooms on the 4th floor are mostly/all studios with only roof lights for natural light - but they are perfectly OK if you don't mind the lack of a view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Booked on -line arrived late after 5hrs travelling. No one to serve for a drink. Room small, no window roof light only. Hot cramped, depressing. Sat for breakfast on our own. We moved to Mercure Hotel felt like we had moved country. Suggest you give this a miss.

Room Tip: avoid studio rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel186300
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Caserne Bonne is a flat located within a mall. Situated near the center of Grenoble is also near the main exits of the city. The hotel has parking but do not always have vacancies. The mall parking is an option, but beware, the entrance closes at 23:00.
The room is good but the wardrobe is very small, especially for a flat.
The breakfast is good and varied with reasonable price. There are also options for breakfast at the mall, such as the bakery Paul.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I'v stayed in Caserne De Bonne for about 3 weeks
the rooms are big and clean with very basic furniture.
the best thing is the mall next to the Hotel, the best in Grenoble
the only complain I had were the front desk staff, there was a guy who was really arrogant and wasn't please to preform any kind of services and never treated me nor my friends in a good way.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business