“Best brunch in Grenoble”
Review of Pain et Cie

Pain et Cie
Ranked #351 of 924 Restaurants in Grenoble
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I really like having brunch on Sunday morning in this place on the sunny terrasse.
For 20€ we had:apple juice, hot chocolate, croissant, pieces of different kind of fresh breads, home made jam and home made nutella (white, milk, dark, praline, speculoos), yogurt with muesli, boiled eggs and a big salad with crudités, ham, cheese and salmon.
Everything was good and we were really full at the end. We enjoyed the sun...
The restaurant is wide open with large windows and birds sometimes come inside. That's funny!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The ambiance is great! If you are looking for a nice place to have a Sunday bruch this is your best option! They serve bio jam and chocolate spread ... super French but very friendly!! you might even share one big picnic table with complete strangers !!
Staff is usually friendly too.
Nice place to grab a cup of coffee and work or study. You see many people reading the newspaper, working on their laptops or simply hanging out!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Really worth a try, nice coffee, lovely (HUGE) salads during the week and Sundays only food you can get is Sunday brunch, delicious!

1  Thank gmh109
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I really enjoyed this place for the cozy atmosphere, the free wifi and charge for my laptop, and the spacious table to the right-hand side of the entrance where I sat for a few hours. I worked on schoolwork here and it wasn't too busy inside as most people visiting sat outside at one of the numerous tables. One downside, the guy that frequently passed by my spot seemed always in a rush and a foul mood, even when I noticed he really didn't have anything to do. It still gets the excellent rating since, when I went to the check-out counter, I had another waiter take my payment who was in a top-notch mood, so I cancelled the two out. It's a bit expensive for coffee, but it's a chain that's in 6 cities so you can't expect the lowest of prices. Good place, all in all!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went here for lunch. They have the most amazing toasted sandwiches (tartines). They are a little expensive at €7 - €8 but superb and rather large. My husband had a chicken salad and that was really good too. Staff very attentive and very nice. The place itself has huge doors which were all open giving a pleasant warm breeze. They do brunch there too. Very rustic with long tables. You must go, even just for a coffee.