See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The room on the fourth floor had a lovely view of the lake. The room was very pleasant, reception was very helpful. Being right on the street was great, giving us access to plenty of choice for eating. Didn't try the breakfast so cannot comment. Would use again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2016

I wasn't sure what to expect here. It's a 2 star hotel in a building that's about 150 years old. Not what I'm used to. Anyway, I emailed them in advance and got prompt response. We were going to arrive for late check in and it wasn't a problem.

The location was ideal for us. Right in the centre of town just round one corner from the market square and round the other for parking. The underground car park at the tourism office was perfect. About 3 minutes walk away. 60 cents an hour between 0900 and 1900 and no charge at night. So basically you pay and display and the ticket is scheduled to end after taking account of the free time. So we'd typically park between 6 and 7 pm and pay 2 euro for parking ticket that would do us until mid morning next day. Happy with that.

We booked a superior room. I think that gives you more space, It was nice. Old and with old furniture. Old creaking parquet flooring. It's in a pedestrianised street and noise levels were low for us.

The housekeeper provided an excellent and friendly service each day and kept the room spotless. Well done :-)

After location and cleanliness, we value wifi. When we arrived, as well as our room key being left out there were 2 wifi tickets. The hotel have a positive attitude to security so have a system where you get a ticket with an access code and password for each device you have. Ours didn't work and when I explained to the receptionist the next day he admitted they did have problems with apple products. Ours were macbook and iPhone.

To cut a long story short he got on to his wifi installers/maintainers until it was sorted to our satisfaction. He said they had great wifi which was up to 10 MB. Now, call me a cynic (I am a cynic), but I wondered if that was true. Once we got sorted I used my broadband checker to test it. Was It 10? No. It was 25. Boom!

In terms of breakfast, I cannot comment, because we did not have it. And there are no other common areas in the hotel to mention.

The bottom line is I am very pleased we stayed here. If I return to Evian I would definitely like to stay here again. I would have no hesitation in recommending it as a great value and comfortable place to stay in the very centre of Evian.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank eccobeach
Reviewed December 19, 2015

Nice location in the pedestrian area of Evian with parking available nearby. Spacious, clean, slightly old fashioned rooms. Friendly advice from the (expat) manager. Continental breakfast was fine. Good value.

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed October 14, 2015

Enjoyed our three day stay, wonderful room, had special view, great breakfast, would have stayed another week but had no time. Will return in the future. Great location, pedestrian street, close to convenient parking, restaurants, lake front, train station not far if you want to travel to Geneva (train/bus combination). Managers very friendly and professional. Bathrooms modernized recently. Whole set up charming, elevator silent, breakfast room very well appointed to start your day in the Savoie area.
Stylish classical décor with all modern conveniences. Highly recommend it.

Room tip: If possible higher room with lake view
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

It's very standard! Nothing great nothing poor! When we arrived they were hanging sheets outside our window. The hotel tried to create an atmosphere of being posh by playing classical music over breakfast which makes it all feel very twee. Breakfast is 8.50 per person which isn't too bad for what you get.

We found no air con a little bit of an issue as it was roasting when we visited. But that's just the time of year we visited.

Overall I would say €78 for this visit is far too much I have had far nicer rooms and experiences in budget hotels elsewhere in the world.

Date of stay: August 2015