“Great Facility, Staff, Location and Room”

Hilton Evian-les-Bains
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Evian-les-Bains
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visited in January 2014 during low season, and the hotel and town were very quiet. The staff was outgoing, friendly, efficient and helpful. Met the General Manager who was frequently present in the lobby speaking with guests and staff,… nice gentleman who obviously lead his team by example. The exec lounge had an ample supply of good wine, port and hors d'oeuvres. Excellent morning breakfast buffet. great views of Lake Geneva. Concierge was very helpful. Room was very nice, having been upgraded to a junior suite. Overall a great business stay. I hope to return -- frequently!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Lake.. and a junior suite if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Hilt0nEvianlesBains, General Manager at Hilton Evian-les-Bains, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear traveller,

It was a real pleasure to greet you during your stay, thank you for your post!
I am delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of service and that you found our facilities to be of such great value.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a great time, yest it was low season, not sure how they would fare during high season. Staff was VERY friendly. Everything you'd expect from a Hilton, walls were a little scuffed up in the room which was surprising. Amazing spa!!

Room Tip: Get lake view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear traveller,

Thank you for posting your review.
Your compliments have been shared with our team members who were glad to note that their professional and friendly attitude contributed to your enjoyable stay. Merci !

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I checked in at the hotel today on a leisure trip (fri) and was simply blown away - the service was second to none and the hotel is simply stunning!

We arrived early but nothing was a problem, our room was swiftly made up for us and we were offered various options to wait and relax (for just a few minutes), with gorgeous views of lake Geneva while our room was swiftly made up!

The manager was exceptionally friendly and helpful as was the duty manager and just everyone we crossed paths with at the hotel! Nothing was too much trouble and they do everything to ensure you are enjoying the stay!
My 4 year old was even given a cute little hilton teddy which she won't let out of her sight now and really made her day!

The executive rooms are really excellent value and would be worth every euro extra as they give you complimentary access to the executive lounge which has complementary refreshments, some canapés and unparalleled views over the lake and surrounding mountains! The rooms are very well appointed, are very clean and spacious!

I expected to room service / meals to be expensive as listed in some previous reviews but I felt they were correctly priced for what you get.

I've yet to try all the facilities but I'm so impressed that I just had to write the review now ... Overall I'm just so incredibly impressed by the hotel and even more so the fabulous staff! It gets a 5 stars all round from me! We'll done Hilton!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.
It is always a pleasure for the our entire team to receive such praises and I am more than delighted that you and your family enjoyed both our facilities and the quality of service we aim to provide.
I totally share your point when you say that the view over lake Geneva from our rooms is simply stunning !

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good hotel in a great position in the beautiful town of Evian just a shame that the food in the restaurants was so expensive. Als be aware that there are alot of extras such as wifi in the rooms spa access and an expensive breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear traveller,

One of the strength of our hotel is indeed its prime location on the shore of lake Geneva and in close proximity to Evian town centre, thank you for your review.
Our suggestion for your next visit would be to book one of our packages including breakfast and spa access.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed here over a Christmas holidays. The choice of the hotel is simply due to the location, price and, most importantly, the facility (spa). Pros: First thing first - the spa is excellent. Its clean, modern and well arranged with steam bath (awesome), sauna, pool, etc. And during my stay only few people at a time were around the spa/pool area so truly relaxing. For the purpose of just relaxing and chilling, I think it satisfied my needs. (FYI, There is also the Evian fitness spa centre, right next to the Hilton.) Second, the room is quite spacious and modern. I booked a King guest room (cheapest) but was at the top floor and spacious with modern bath, elegant sink, bar and amenities. Thirdly, the location is extremely handy for people on foot. Its few minutes walk to the Ouchy ferry port (to Lausanne), and few minutes walk to the shopping street in Evian where most of the restaurants and nessesary shops are. (there is a relatively big supermarket further down this shopping street). Lastly, the breakfast is excellent. Selections of fruits, hot and cold meats, fresh baked breads and juices. It filled me the whole day. You can also ask eggs cooked to your liking. Cons: If you truly want to chill, like other viewers said, I'd recommend to book a room with 'view'. Its extra 16-19 euro, or so, but Im sure its worth. I did not, and my room view was a street/building behind the hotel. And of course, this is Hilton - and that means internet is NOT free in your room. Unless included in the room price, its 15 euro for 24 hours. Unfortunately the free wifi signal at the lobby was fairly weak so it was only useful for email checking, but not Skype-ing, for example.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilt0nEvianlesBains, General Manager at Hilton Evian-les-Bains, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete and detailed review of your stay in our hotel.
I was particularly delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that besides finding us well located, you found our Buddha-Bar Spa to be of a high standard.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Once again, my lovely and trustful Tripadvisor gave me the best solution! I live in Geneva and wanted to spend a couple of days in a nice spa hotel, enjoy my peace and pamper myself. I went online at tripadvisor (as I always do) and found this beautiful hotel not even an hour away from Geneva. I booked 2 days and called the hotel. They were very kind to give me a room with lake view as I wished and they offered to complimentary pick me up from the train station (5 min away from hotel). The service was excellent, the room was absolutely amazing (all marble, mini bar, nice big bed, 33m2..etc), and there was even a dedicated elevator to take you down to the very interesting spa with the outside heated pool and free class gym programs for guests (we had tai chi). The reception manager was very kind and all the staff too. Did not try the restaurants as we have embarked on a culinary adventure in the small city (we recommend the Casino restaurants and the Italian pizza Le grand Cafe opposite the docks).
Once again I highly recommend this hotel, but keep in mind that winter times is quiet times for Evian, as summer time is a huge, luxurious getaway for the French, Italians and Swiss neighboors. Lastly, we have decided to take the boat to go to Lausanne instead of the train. Nice choice as it is only 35 min away and then you can go anywhere in Europe from Lausanne gare (station). Thanks again tripadvisor!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilt0nEvianlesBains, General Manager at Hilton Evian-les-Bains, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I was particularly glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and, that as well as finding us well located, you found the service from our staff to be of a high standard.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Was here enroute to Geneva. Room was classy and beautiful by Hilton's standards. Food is an issue- we walked around the neighborhood trying to find a place for dinner but there are not many cafes. Even if there was one, it is usually quite empty. The restaurant at the hotel serves burgers etc. Prices are too steep though.
There is free wifi only at the lobby.Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear traveller,

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and I also appreciated your positive feedback on our breakfast offer.
Best regards,