“Skiing holiday and birthday dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Farcon

Le Farcon
Reserve with
Le Farcon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Courchevel
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Skiing holiday and birthday dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very enjoyable experience whilst on holiday, ow ever I felt that the service was a ta casual or a Michelin starred restaurant when compared to the uk ones I have been to. Still very very good. Read my full review here: http://monkey-chef.blogspot.co.uk/2012_03_01_archive.html

• Visited August 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a great restaurant in Le Tania. There is only a set menu and we went for lunch. Its not as expensive as you predict for a Michelin star place. Friendly staff and great food.
Lots of courses and fun aspects to the lunch, with home made truffles and weird and wonderful sweets too.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor service & very bad manners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Booked in here to eat on chalet staff night off. Ordered the 7 course set menu as this was all that was available. Was made to feel quite small by the manageress who laughed at me when asked if there was anything else to choose from, so just ordered a bottle of red wine and stuck with the menu, although i didn't really like fish. The wine was served colder than the chilled water and when queried it was explained that it was because it was from the coldest part of their cellar! I asked them to change it but they said no, and that it would warm up while i was eating my meal! I waited 20 minutes on asking to speak with the manageress again before deciding to leave because she wouldn't come and speak with me over the matter. On leaving she laughed at me again as she couldn't believe i was leaving 'just' because of the matter with the wine. Whilst all previous conversations had been in English she then decided to raise her voice and talk to me in French, in a condescending tone, obviously trying to belittle me again! Stay clear of this place if you want to enjoy your evening out!

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Andy995
“70 Euro bottle of red wine served chilled!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Terrible experience with cold expensive bottle of red wine served, which they weren't prepared to swap for one at room temperature. If they can address the basic customer requirements this restaurant might just remain Michelin starred!! Staff dismissed our objection to drink chilled decent red wine. Resulted in spoilt meal and having to leave early. Poor attitude and a few expletives exchanged in French to save face in front of rest of patrons. Avoid this place in favour of Le Bistrot du Praz at 1300. 5 star.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Simon077755
London, United Kingdom
“Poor service, too much foam”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I booked in here for dinner for a celebration last night on our skiing holiday. Although we were offered and given a drink quite quickly, we were left with our menus trying to catch the waiter's/waitress' eye for the best part of half an hour. When I finally did get attention, the waiter said he was just coming, and then did not come back. When I finally got his attention he said we would have to wait before someone came to take out order, but I could order the wine if I wanted. I did this, but it did not arrive. Finally I had to say to him that unless someone came to take our order in the next two minutes, we would leave. This did finally produce a waitress empowered to take out order.as the evening menu is a fixed price menu, this merely involved confirming that we wanted this, for two, with no (expensive) variations.

The dishes were well prepared and interesting, but there was too much use of foam. There was a particularly delicious lamb in pastry, the lamb succulent and tender. But the starter, a pile of bland tasting mousses and foams on a biscuit, which had gone soggy, was poor.

The interior design did not seem to be able to decide whether it was stylish and modern, or rustic ski resort alpine. So there were ultra modern plates and cutlery, but then some dishes came served on blocks of wood.

Not my cup of tea.