I Stayed at the chalets du forum for 7 nights over new years eve dec '08. Me, my partner and another couple shared an apartment for 5 people. The fixtures, fittings and decor of our apartment was top quality. We had one bathroom, a seperate toilet, one bedroom and a large double fold away sofa bed in the lounge area. The Kitchen area was well finished with an oven, hobs, fridge, dishwasher and everything else needed for a self catering holiday. We also had a large balcony with a partial view of the slopes. There's a ski locker room on the bottom floor where one locker is allocated per apartment. This wasn't a probelem for us as the lockers are large enough and are also heated.
The only problems we had during our stay was a nasty smell in the corridors. There was a notice put up to say that they were working on the problem and within a couple of days it had gone. Another problem was that our safe wasn't working and wasn't fixed after two attempts by a maintainance man. But our safe deposit was refunded at the end of our stay.
The location is excellent. The apartments aren't ski in/ski out, but are only 50m walk to the main lift station in 1850. The accomodation is ajoined to a shopping complex that contains various ski/snowboard shops, an equipment rental shop, and a small super market. I would recommend using the supermarket to buy food and drink for your evening meals as courchevel 1850 is VERY expensive to eat out. If you are on a tight budget, this is not the resort to stay in as you won't be able to enjoy eating and drinking out.
Apart from how expensive everthing is at 1850, we had an excellent holiday. The three valleys is a massive ski area. We bought a three valleys pass but found that the best skiing and conditions were in the courchevel valleys and was probably enough terrain to keep us going for the week. There was a party on the piste with live DJ's and a massive fireworks display on new years eve which was well going out in the snow to see.
I would definately recommend the Chalets Du Forum for location and nice modern, well equipt self catering apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An internationally renowned resort at the heart of the 3 Vallees totally refurbished luxury residence and ideally located in the resort centre ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Chalets du Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Chalets Du Forum Hotel Courchevel
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence Les Chalets Du Forum