“An old favourite but not as good as it used to be!”
Review of Le Bel Air

Le Bel Air
Ranked #5 of 128 Restaurants in Courchevel
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mountain Restaurant in Courchevel 1650
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A bit disappointed - think they have rested somewhat upon their laurels! Food came so quickly that we had not even had time for a drink - felt they wanted us in and out as quickly as possible!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Bel Air is the nicest lunch stop that we found in Courchevel. It's well-signposted from the pistes above 1650 and has a great terrace with good views. The inside is also light and airy with a mezzanine and some tables with squashy cushion seats under the eaves, which were very popular with the teenagers.

The food is excellent, and good value for the area but it's the staff who make it so terrific. The maitre d' (owner?) greeted us like old friends, twice found a table for us although we hadn't booked and they were busy and the service was both slick and friendly. It was packed with locals too, which is always a good sign.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Amazing place for lunch, great location and food! Service was great too. Would go there for lunch everyday!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A lovely lovely place. Lunch on the terrace on the sun and all is well with the world. The house salad of leaves, walnuts, gruyere and the best walnut oil based dressing is a world class dish - and it sounds so simple but believe me - I've eaten a whole heap of bad salads in my time. I just wish I'd known that they serve it as a complimentary starter when I'd ordered it as a main course! Ate a lot of leaves that day - felt like a rabbit by the time I left! The Beef with carrots was sensational as was the pork - a great lunch place. And the surroundings are not pretentious - just lovely and appealing. And they have a great little coffee/ panini bar below it - with simple outdoor seating - serving a whole load of lovely grub like soups, panini, hotdogs and croques. We had the last drink of the day here one afternoon and due to a bad knee and advancing years, ordered the Irish coffee - which as my rather concerned husband pointed out had about 5 measures of whisky in it. I got back to the hotel in record time and slept like a baby for an hour.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Even in a quiet week this restaurant was just too busy and we had to wait despite having reserved a table. Food ok but not worth the hassle of being shoved around as you wait in the small entrance area, obstructing the waiters trying ot get to the kitchen, bar and till. We cancelled a later booking. Though the free drink to compensate for the wait was appreciated!