“Very nice and central”
Review of Hotel du Louvre

Hotel du Louvre
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights an from the moment i arrived i liked it a lot. Very helpfull staff and nearby everything. Good value for the price. Good restaurants and bars just 1 minute away and a fantastic view to the mountains. I will book here again in the future!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Håvard B

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Travelling alone the options for a reasonably priced hotel in downtown Chamonix aren't really overwhelming. Du Louvre was a nice option. Extremely centrally located, still quiet. Some noise from the corridors came through, but that was it.
The staff was very helpful and nice.
The only "downside" (which wouldn't have been a downside had I known about it, but I think this practice was only occasional) was, the even the reception had a "siesta" and would open in the afternoon at 2 p.m.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Although the hotel is located right in the center (mind you Chamonix is such a small town pretty much anything is close to the center), I will never stay here again.
It started after I booked, I had to confirm the late check in procedure since I was arriving at midnight, and as I kept sending emails, I kept getting back the same English template email with no real response to mine.
I ended up having a friend who speaks French call for me and sort it out.
When I arrived everything went fine but soon I discovered the bed sheets were stained and the towels look like they've been through some good amount of washes...
And last, the reception is closed between noon and 5 pm, so you need your key to access the hotel. I am now writing this review while I wait for 5 pm since my key won't open anymore (mind you I had to extend my stay and i suspect this wasn't updated in my key) and after I called the emergency number on the door of the hotel, which is disconnected!

So as the title says, I will never stay here again and I strongly recommend you don't either.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank lauraschm
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Staff here were just excellent! Very helpful for tired and weary travelers with kids. The rooms were quite spacious and modern, equipped with everything needed for a great stay in Chamonix. Parking was a bonus as there isn't much in town. Great stay, great little hotel. We stayed 21 April 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sevenrustygates
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Brilliant location for the Ski Buses which take you to all the different locations. Very central for the Chamonix Town Centre and the Apres Ski should you want to participate.

We choose this hotel as a base knowing we wouldn't be spending too much time there but actually the hotel room (105) was more than suitable, spacious with good decor, very clean and the rooms were made up each day while we were skiing. We had a clear view of Mont Blanc from bed each day, watching the sun rise across the top.

We didn't choose the breakfast at the hotel because of the choice of supermarkets and little cafes on the door step, sitting in the morning sun while drinking coffee!

Yes the walls can be thin, but we only realised much later into our week when we heard someone snoring next door, maybe skiing all day and then apres ski blocked this out for most of the time, noise was not an issue for us.

Definitely recommend this hotel if you want a good room as a base that is clean with a lovely powerful shower, fantastic location and wonderful views of the Mont Blanc every time you look out the window.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Hotel du Louvre is a strange one, the room and location were good and as expected/described on their website BUT these are the things to note: 1) Do not come here if you are looking to get some rest or a good night's sleep, in fact any sleep- it is by far and a way the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in, even with ear plugs in you will be woken up multiple, multiple times per night. A tent in the car park would be more peaceful...As the walls are almost literally paper thin, you may as well be sharing a room with your neighbours- this can almost ruin a trip so be warned. 2) I thought 9 euros for breakfast sounded cheap so I went for it the first day- impressive that it was bad enough to still feel ripped off, you're far better off popping to the supermarket 30 seconds away 3) I found the staff a little grumpy, no real service culture at all in this hotel. Conclusion- I wouldn't come back even of you halved the price. The saying 'location is everything' is not true when it comes to hotels...

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Welltravelledadventurer
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My brother and sister in law stayed at this hotel and we stayed in another.

I was with them on check in and the staff weren't over friendly. When we got to the room it was very small although clean.
The hotel was in a great location just up a side street from the main pedestrian street in Chamonix.

The breakfast was not worth the money 2 slices of French stick and 1 slice of ham, and if you wanted more you were constantly watched by staff what food you were taking !!!

The hotel has a car park which would be great however when it had snowed and frozen, it was really hard to drive out of as it was a narrow turning and a steep slope and it was never cleared from snow or gritted so there were a good chance of skidding into a wall or other cars.
We booked through booking.com and was happy with the price, but the hotel charged us local taxes which was approx £15 extra, when asked what this was for we were told local,taxes so we could use local transport, which we did not wish to use but still had to pay the tax.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple