“hotel review”
Review of Le Vert Hotel

Le Vert Hotel
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful and rooms good value. Breakfast good value also. We were driven to the station free of charge without asking. Only thing that would have made the stay better would have been tea/ coffee making equipment (kettle) in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had booking 2 rooms and pay for this and finally a half company is going to the other hotel. Nothing about my experience at vert could be described as pleasant. The cleaning was bad and poor. The toilet and shower inadmissible. . I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Very bad atmosphere, loud, noisy the responsibles smelled spirits . This place is highly overpriced. Breakfast was poor and overpriced, .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank savvas p
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and whilst I had visited Chamonix before, I had only visited the bar at this hotel.

The hotel arranged the transfer from the airport and dispite the flight being rather late, they were there waiting for me and after an hour I arrived at the hotel to a very friendly greeting and was quickly in my room. I have to say the bed was very comfortable and the shower powerful and able to produce hot water - not always the case in hotels....

I visited the bar on my first night and soon felt like a regular, able to join in conversations and in general being treated like they wanted you to be here.

The decor is a lovely mix of modern with traditional chamonix.

Breakfast is a relaxed affair with plenty of table space and a never empty coffee pot. Breakfast lasted at least one hour a day for me.

A great venue for Chamonix, a 10 minute walk to the town centre, but far enough out to be quiet.

I will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Hawkwind1966
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was alone with my three children in chamonix to ski Vallee Blanche. Stayed here by luck. Our set of two rooms was nice, shower not perfect but it worked and had hot and cold water. Sheets changed in the week and two lots of fresh towels. The breakfast was lovely and the breakfast staff made sure my children got warm croissants as soon as they came down. We also had ham,cheese, cereals, juices, bread, yoghurt etc. It is a little out of town walking but we had our own car so we didn't notice. Used the bus once - bus stop directly outside the hotel. Evenings you need to book a table - the food is good and the restaurant is often fully booked. It was the end of Season so there were a couple of parties but everyone was very friendly and we weren't disturbed unreasonably. We had a lovely holiday and would definitely recommend it to all types of groups wanting to go skiing on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CAT333117
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The staff is very friendly. Gave us many tips about the town.
The breakfast is very good.
We had no problem with noise because the Bar closes early.
The hotel is located a bit far to the Town Center by foot but very close by car.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank João Henrique Á
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A big thank you to Le Vert crew for a fabulous end of season week. Great hotel - lovely, relaxed atmosphere, fantastic food and a peaceful location. Thanks to Ju and Giles in the pro shop too, for kitting me out with some 'fun, fat' skis :)
I recommend hiring a car if you stay at Vert - getting around the Valley is a little tricky, especially end of season when there are less buses running.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the front side and you get an unrivaled view of Mont Blanc.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location is pretty good for the price - out of town but right by a bus stop and train station so getting to the slopes is pretty easy if you don't have a car. The staff are very friendly and were happy to help with most things. The on-site ski rental shop is very handy and saved us the hassle of having to go into town for our gear. The skis were fine as far as I could tell, and the boys in the who were very helpful.
Our room was pretty small for a double, and the en suite was tiny, with a sink barely big enough to wash your hands in. We were a bit unlucky to be above the bar as well, so we had music coming through the floor every night.
The food is the reason to come here - we had tasty and good-value meals every night.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple