“A little Gem”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great food , top notch service, lovely desserts and petit fours.

Wine list only starts at €50 so I declined to order any. The list looked extensive. Seems to be aimed at Oligarchs.

1  Thank Lazyfox

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've never had the pleasure of an evening meal here but over the years we have enjoyed countless great lunches.

The set lunch menu is great. Great food and great value. We don't even ask what's on the menu any more, we just order it. For a very modest EUR €19 you get an amuse bouche, a small starter, a lovely main and a gorgeous dessert all to high Michelin star quality and served by impeccable staff. Effectively a four course Michelin meal for under twenty.

Our only gripe is the wine list has become more and more unaffordable over the years and we now struggle to find anything on it within our budget. This prevents me from giving it the top rating it would otherwise truly deserve.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The restaurant we intended to have our last dinner in Chamonix-Mont Blanc was closed yesterday (Monday) so we headed to Le Bristot upon a kind referral.

The deco is simple but elegant. The service staff was initially slow to receive but was quick to warm up and provided excellent service.

Food was great. Although we are big eaters, we know that the 3-course degustation would be more than sufficient. And rightly so. With a bottle of superb white wine, fantastic home baked French breads, the dinner was both romantic and unforgettable. And all at only 135€!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restauarant had a very high standard of food and presentation, far better than I had expected in a ski resort. The food looked and tasted first class. They have various options of 4, 5 or 6 courses. I went for the 6 courses, but soon realised I was getting full, so told them I would skip the cheese course. I was still charged for the 6 courses however, which was sad.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants around Geneva. I have been twice and I was very impressed with the quality of the food: amazing fresh fish, high quality ingredients and a very nice presentation make the whole experience a real pleasure. I would like to mention the excellent service, the staff is very present but never intrusive, a perfect balance. I strongly recommend to follow the advice of the maitre-sommelier should you need help choosing a wine. The second time I went he recommended an excellent white from Bourgogne (which I then discovered having 92 Parker points) for a reasonable 55 Euros, if you consider that this is a 1 star rated Michelin restaurant I found the price very fair. If you like cheese you MUST order cheese between you main course and the dessert. They come with a chariot display with at least 20-30 different types of cheese: amazing experience and quality! Overall, a highly recommended restaurant. Book in advance.