“Excellent ”

La Telecabine
Ranked #33 of 240 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: After 20 years in Chamonix, Bea & Mike open their new restaurant in the centre of town, on the road just to the left of the Casino. Mike's reputation as one of the finest chefs in town is well deserved and as well as a great ambiance and generous portions you can be sure of some delicious classic French cuisine, with a pinch of innovation : Cappuccino of prawns with a saffron emulsion, Lobster Burger, spare ribs, fresh fish, home made profiteroles, and of course an array of the tastiest Savoyards specialties to name but a few. You'll also find they have an impressive wine list.
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

This located next to the Casino, off of the pedestrian area. We tried 5 different appetizers, having a tapas style meal. Everything was amazing. The service was fantastic, Eleanor was very friendly, attentive & courteous. The ambiance was lovely as well. I would highly recommend this spot.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Arrived hungry... (not hangry, but still..) Place looked good, menu looked good, not too crowded (about half full). Sat down at the table, took 10 minutes to get a menu. Order a couple of beers..Another 10 minutes, waiter arrives with the beer, and informes us that about half the menu was not available, and of course what was not available were the dishes we selected. Another 10 minutes... nothing...We decided that this took waaaaay too long and the waiters were avoiding us. After having waited for over 30 minutes we asked for the check: € 16.80 for two medium beers... No apologies... We left for “Le Nationale”: where we found great food and great (quick!) service from friendly staff at a price 30% less than Telecabine.

1  Thank Andhjelm
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was full and from the beginning to the end the staff served us promptly e precisely. Food was incredible. Congratulations!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Whilst the food was good and averagely priced for this level of restaurant in Chamonix, it was nevertheless disappointing to be served by a waiter who was curt in his manner. Probably his manager is too scared to tell him as it’s probably just this waiter’s natural personality. That’s all very well, but since we have a choice we will choose not to return.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

I went past this restaurant several times thinking this looks very lovely. I was then recommended it by the hotel that I was staying in. The problems started when i ordered my meal. I was not explained the menu. In the menu there was a set menu for the evening which included a hot stones. I explained to my waiter that i wanted to go for the set menu. At no point did he say that the hot stones was at least 2 people. I had ordered a starter on the menu but needed time to think about the main course. The menu did not say anything about the hot stones being for two people either apart from being a 4 euro extra. I then proceeded to order the hot stones and i was told that i cannot do this as i am alone. I explained that the menu does not say this and the waiter did not explain this either. I asked if there could be an adaption for just one person and I was told no in a very abrupt way. I was more disappointed by the attitude of the staff. They were not helpful at all and to the point of being rude.

1  Thank bubbachubba1991