“Loved every minute and every bite”
Review of La Telecabine

La Telecabine
Ranked #43 of 273 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: After 20 years in Chamonix, Bea & Mike open their new restaurant in the centre of town, on the road just to the left of the Casino. Mike's reputation as one of the finest chefs in town is well deserved and as well as a great ambiance and generous portions you can be sure of some delicious classic French cuisine, with a pinch of innovation : Cappuccino of prawns with a saffron emulsion, Lobster Burger, spare ribs, fresh fish, home made profiteroles, and of course an array of the tastiest Savoyards specialties to name but a few. You'll also find they have an impressive wine list.
Reviewed July 21, 2016

An excellent experience!! Lovely outdoor seating with stunning views and generous space between tables. The service was incredibly warm and professional (Freddy!). And the food was delicious--thoughtfully conceived and well-prepared. Extra fresh oysters, savoy salad, and fresh fish. Outstanding desserts! We were pleasantly surprised by the super affordable prix-fixe menu which had several great choices--we loved every minute and every bite here!!

1  Thank Laura R

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Our hotel suggested it and we were thrilled they did. The oysters are wonderful, I had the fresh fish special of the day and my husband had the veal. Both were delicious. If you sit on the patio the view of The Alps is stunning. And ask for Freddy, you will get great service!

3  Thank jensM3869SW
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Very good food, excellent wine and good service in a tasteful Rastaurant. We tried diiferent courses and all of them were made with passion, Try it!

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

This may be the best summertime location for a fine gourmet presented meal. The wait staff is extremely friendly and appropriately polite. Helpful with the menu selections without trying to push. I had chicken in a crawfish bisque sauce over tagliatelle. Sounds like a mismatch but it was outstanding. Onion soup was delicious but different than any other I have eaten. My wife ordered a cheese dessert plate in a cream sauce, which she didn't like, and the waiter asked if he could replace it with a different dessert. Class act! Finally, the view of the Mont Blanc massive and Aiguille du Midi throughout the dinner was beautiful. If you don't have time for dinner, you must stop by for a drink just to enjoy the view and friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank Andy4220
Reviewed June 14, 2016

My husband & I found this little gem by accident, and how delighted we were.
The atmosphere is calm and a little sophisticated. Our waiter was very knowledgable and had a delightful demeanour. The food, WOW! What a culinary delight. I had herb encrusted lamb. The chef cooked this dish to perfection. The sauce was delicate and complimented the meat. My husband had steak. If he told me how tasty and tender the steak was once, he told me several times. We followed with a cheese board. We were served a tasty selection with fresh bread. As we were sharing the cheeses, we asked if there would be enough in the serving for two. If you require more, just ask offered our waiter. We were highly delighted with the quality of the food & our bill was only 106 euros which is a reasonable price for the quality of food and wine we thoroughly enjoyed.

Date of visit: June 2016