“Second trip back, this time in summer!”
Chalet Tissieres winter in holiday in Chamonix Lounge and fire place
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Chalet Tissieres winter in holiday in Chamonix
Lounge and fire place
Chalet Tissieres large open plan dining area
winter in the Chamonix valley
Bathroom 8
Bathroom 7
Front entrance
summer MTB chamonix
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Chalet -
8 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 24
Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 89 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dutch first
French first
German first
Spanish first
Any
Jasonbax
London
“Second trip back, this time in summer!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

We stayed at Chalet Tissieres 5 years ago in the winter and thoroughly enjoyed the ski trip.
After receiving a promotional email from Renske detailing the summer options in Chamonix we booked a 5 night stay at the beginning of September. Our group love hiking and mountain biking but also tried rock climbing & hydrospeed! (highly recommended),

Firstly we were very lucky with the weather with blue sky days for every day of our 5 day trip! We made the most of the stunning views and bonfire every night from the garden and balcony.
Breaksfast was not as luxurious as the winter spread and the evening meals were more home cooking (tasted great and very appropriate for our activities) than the restaurant standard that we had in the winter but this was reflected the great B&B rates and 17 euros pp 3 course dinner rate.

SInce we last stayed the chalet bathrooms have been updated and better multimedia facilities fitted in the living area. The atomsphere with all the other international clients all enjoying mountain based sports was great especially the Dutch!

Only down side to the summer stay was the fact that the hot tub wasn't running. Apparently only runs in winter, but TBH it the weather was too hot to sit in a 40deg tub!
Back soon
Jase

Your age range 35-49
mtneer39
Ghent, Belgium
“Moneywolves and liars”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I had booked beforehand and had explicitly asked whether it was a calm place and if they could give me a quiet room. They said it was no problem to give me a single room and that it was only 5 minutes away from Chamonix centre. "By bus" was not added! (nor that the last bus out of Cham. is already early in the eve). They gave me a dormitory for 6 people which was tiny. Bathroom and toilet were outside. They call it a "chalet" but it's a "refuge" and not even a very nice one. ON the tour du Mont Blanc we slept in plenty of refuges where it was nice, comfortable,where you had private rooms (next to dormitories) and where it was quiet by 10.30 pm in the evening as everyone needs to get up early to continue their route. Here it's Obvious that the people staying here are either acquiantances or climbers at the end of their tour who want to kick back before heading home. The walls are very thin, the people running the place or not present or hardly and live just outside the chalet making noise outside with friends and staff until late in the evening. The isolation is atrocious. When I wanted to leave after 1 night Remske ripped me off completely taking the money for 3 nights I had already paid in advance! And then even had the nerve to ask me when I was going to leave my room, whereas before she told me she had no choice but to take my money as she couldn't rent out the room (dormitory) to anyone else anymore on such short notice. As I filled my car I noticed three Dutch people waiting on the grass with backpacks. So next to ripping people off, this Dutch woman is a lying and conniving [--].

Traveling group: Alleen
Management Response
Sep 12, 2013
As you can see from our previous reviews this particular review is not consistent or in keeping with the high level of service and warm welcoming atmosphere we are proud of here at Chalet Tissieres.

Events as they happened:
This guest requested a quiet room and booked sole occupancy of a room for a week. We allocated her room 5 (which has the capacity to sleep 5 people in summer). I did this as this is one of our quietest rooms in this old renovated beautiful chalet. She came to stay at the height of season where we have 20+ guests some with early starts for alpine activities.
She stayed for 2 nights and only vacated the room on the 3rd day after 2 pm and as a result was charged for that night. I wavered FREE OF CHARGE the rest of her pre-booked stay during the height of summer. As customer satisfaction is a priority for us we refunded over and above our cancellation policy.
We find swearing and slanderous language highly inappropriate and uncalled for on this forum and on this basis let other travellers come to their own reasoned conclusions about this particular review and traveller.
aussiemis...
Adelaide
“A very friendly welcome”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Tissieres and we really enjoyed our stay. We were made to feel very welcome and the hosts and staff can all speak fluent English. Our room was downstairs and we could not see the mountains, but there was a beautiful view of the Mont Blanc range from the breakfast/living room. Our room did not have an ensuite, but there were 3 bathrooms and although the chalet was in full occupancy, there was never a wait to use them. Breakfast was nice, but fairly simple. We ate dinner at the chalet one of the two nights and the 3 course meal was ok, but nothing special. You can take the bus or the train into Chamonix, or you can enjoy the beautiful 1 1/2 hour walk. The cost per night was very reasonable and I really enjoyed my stay.

Annemieke...
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful chalet in peaceful location, great stay!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back home, but I wished I could have stayed longer. What a stunning location and what a beautiful chalet! We had our own en-suite bedroom with views over the valley. It was just so peaceful! The rooms were very clean and well-decorated. In the morning we had breakfast on the balcony that looks out over the valley and the glaciers coming down from the Mont Blanc. Absolutely breathtaking! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this chalet if you are looking for a place to stay in Chamonix. Great value for money as well.

Traveling group: Couples
Ellie T
Hong Kong, China
“Gave a 4 but really a 3.5”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

This is a lovely chalet. Our rooms were wonderfully decorated, the chalet staff were really friendly and helpful and we were pleasantly surprised to find a number of other people staying there too in summer so it was a good social experience. We had a car and knew the distance from town so this wasn't a problem for us, but there were two let downs. Firstly, the food isn't as good as I've had in chalet accommodation previously so after a disappointing dinner the first night we preferred to eat in Chamonix. Secondly there is next to no sound proofing so we could hear every conversation in the main area and other rooms very loudly while we were trying to sleep (in response to another posting - not everyone goes to bed early!) plus snoring... If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs.

GinnyW87
Geneva, Switzerland
“Lovely location and lovely people”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I first found Chalet Tissieres on Airbnb. However, unbeknownst to me, they hadn't fully constructed their website yet. As it was my first time using airbnb I didn't realize that we hadn't officially booked a room with them. Confusion on both ends! However, the night before we left for Chamonix I gave them a call, explained my confusion over airbnb and to my surprise even though they didn't have a room available initially, they made it happen!

When we got to the chalet we were pleasantly pleased with the view from the little room and the fact that the glacier was directly behind the building. The other folks staying in the chalet were certainly the sporty type who were doing some real climbing that weekend. As my boyfriend and I are just students, but with an interest in the outdoors, we got some great advice on trails to take at our own level. We also had dinner at the chalet one night which was lovely!

My only issue is that the walls are veeeery thin and since everyone has been trekking all day, people hit the hay very early. As night owls my boyfriend and I felt a bit odd turning in before 10pm and felt as though we had to tiptoe around our room as we could hear people in their other room's phone's charging and basically their every movement. I'm sure for other trekkers though, this isn't a problem as everyone is very quiet.

However the owners are simply lovely and VERY helpful in remedying our little mixup with airbnb. I am sure once they get their profile up and running on the site they will have lots of bookings!! Highly recommend a stay at the Chalet.
Thanks again Renske!

Traveling group: Couples
Liralisa
Dublin, Ireland
“Great stay!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Staff fantastic and lots of fun, made u feel very welcome. Chalet very nice, about ten min drive to slopes. Cosy with fireplace. All in all a great place to enjoy a skiing break. Would recommend. Breakfast and dinner was very good as was the new years feast that we had.

Traveling group: Friends
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;