We have just got back from a weeks stay. I thought the apartments were adequate but small. We had a 4-6 person apartment for 4 of us. The beds were all a bit short, but we did have 2 bathrooms. For the price we paid there should of been a proper oven. The microwave/oven was impossible to use and to small.
My main problem was location. The apartment was great if you wanted to go to town as it's just a few minutes walk (fantastic shops), but to take the children to ski school on the Savoy we had to walk as they said the bus drops you off along way from the slop. It was exhausting to carry all the children's skis and boots (as they couldnt walk the distance in them) up the hill to the slop. This was the main factor for us, as a result I didn't get to ski that much, just a couple of hours a day. If we come back we would stay in the Savoy or Club Med (hate the sound of that) but they are right on the slop.
The other thing that wasn't great was the ski lockers. We could only just get 3 lots of skis and a snowboard in them, anymore people and they wouldn't fit. Also, nowadays most place have ski boot dryers. These lockers are very basic.
The pool is set at 27 degrees, which when you first get in is a bit cold, but if you keep moving its fine. I loved the steam rooms. We were lucky that we had the pool all to ourselves.
Overall a good holiday apart from carrying all the skis for a km and a half one way each day. If they had lockers at the Savoy slop this would not have been a problem.
I was so worried about staying here as I read all the reviews before we left, but it was ok.
Hope this review helps?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic, typically Savoyard resortIdeally located in the heart of the resortA residence offering relaxation areas and 'Deep Nature Spa' by Algotherm services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence La Ginabelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence La Ginabelle Hotel Chamonix
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence La Ginabelle