“Despicable treatment from staff. Rude and unfriendly”
Review of Cafe Valentino

Cafe Valentino
Ranked #198 of 261 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

I had two different experiences of this restaurant on my recent trip. The first of which was excellent, with a kind, helpful waiter (upstairs in restaurant). Unfortunately two evenings later, I had quite the opposite experience which completely overshadowed my positive experience here. Food was not the problem. We cleaned our plates each time. However our waiter downstairs was unhelpful and downright rude. He even went as far as to shove past one of us as we were trying to pay. He acted as though paying by card was an inconvenience. I entered my card, only for him to storm off with it to another table to check on them. He stormed back and told me he needed my pin. I entered it without a word. He then stalked off again to ask a different table if they needed anything else. We didn't even have a chance to let him know part of our order did not arrive to our table. He continued to make a scene about paying with card, claiming he was "very busy". I did not want to make a scene in the middle of the restaurant but deeply regret not telling the manager how disgusted I was. We were treated less than human. Like cattle being herded out of the premises once we had finished eating. Do not eat here. It upset our evening. The rude staff need a lessen on manners. Will most definitely not be returning here again due to this one person.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 28, 2019

Loved everything about this place! The location is right in the heart of town so a lot of action. We sat outside, it was a little chilly at around 8 degrees however there were heaters which made it lovely. The staff were efficient and friendly without being overbearing. The food came quickly and it was delicious! We ended up staying for dessert as well which was also great. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

We had a party of 9 and eat here a few times in the week we stayed in France. Lovely restaurant, great staff, delicious food and wonderful service. Would highly recommend, you do need to book as it gets really busy.

Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Really friendly staff , good atmosphere, very reasonable price and great food , perfect for family’s

Reviewed February 20, 2019

Came here with my son having just arrived in Chamonix ans was 1 minute from our hotel. we both had a pizza which were huge and delicious. Friendly waiter who spoke very good English. We also had a pizza take away from here on our last night.

Can recommend