“Swisstours - Good surprise”

Chamonix Experience Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 29 Tours in Chamonix
Geneva, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Swisstours - Good surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I wanted to visit Chamonix with my family and had not a lotta choice from the Airport... Alpybus that I already tried and didn't want to make the same mistake, and Chamexpress was full...
I had to find by myself on internet to find the Swisstours service!
They picked us up at the Hotel Holiday Inn Express and we arrived in Chamonix with their comfortable huge van! Nothing to compare with the companies that they sell at the airport!!!
We had time to visit and got back on the evening for the same price than the other companies...
I don't understand that the airport doesn't make Alpybus leave and choose serious companies like this...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Natalia P

Geneva, Switzerland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great crevasse rescue course, shame the instructor couldn't speak English”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Did a crevasse rescue course with this company. The guide could barely speak English, learned little and question the 105 euros I was charged for the course. There are certainly other providers that offer better value for money in the valley.

Visited March 2013
Fresno
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Your on your own with key tours”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I booked a day trip with Key Tours in Geneva to Chamonix, France to see the well raved Mont Blanc. We did have bad weather so we didn't get to do the whole itinerary but nonetheless, our tour guide was disorganized and wasn't clear on his instructions. He was never really with the group except on the bus. With all the other escorted tours I have done in the past, this was the worst one. I can't blame him for the weather but I think he or the company-Key Tours should offer another alternate excursion in case of inclimant weather. Neil had a non-chalant attitude about our dissatisfaction with him as a tour guide. The trip cost a lot of money and we were on our own the whole time except for the bus ride there and back. For the kind of excursion that was given to us, we could have just come to Chamonix ourselves and walked around the village, you don't need a tour guide for that. If you still decide to do the trip with Key Tours, don't bother with the lunch option, it wasn't very good. You can go to a nice French or Swiss cafe and have some really good food for the same cost. I was disappointed with trip, it was a waste of my time and money.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank 519Michelle
Stowe, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Off-Piste tours to Vallee Blanche - support to make your Chamonix stay perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was looking for an off-piste guide and a tour of Vallee Blanche in my recent visit to Chamonix. And I was recommended to use Chamonix Experience. And I want to pass on that recommendation.

The office team were helpful, informed (excellent skiers themselves), patient and friendly. My guide - Greg - for both days was fun, helpful on technique, motivating and reassuring. I couldn't have enjoyed the days more.

I would strongly recommended that you look them up for any of your off-piste needs. I will be certainly using them when I go back next year... and even this summer for some hiking and other extreme supports. Enjoy!

Visited February 2012