“lovely place, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Auberge du Manoir

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Auberge du Manoir
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“lovely place, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

we stayed here last autumn, and it was just great. nice view from the room, two balconies, comfy bed, separate loo, cozy chalet-style and very friendly people. the location of the hotel is great, only a few metres from the hustle and bustle of town and still fairly quiet. we got great recommendations for dinners, lunches and hiking. the recommendations were so good that we were too busy to make use of the lovely hot tub in the garden - we will have to come back next summer!

Room Tip: we had a junior suite with a view of mont blanc - well worth paying for!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AubergeduManoir, Gérant at Auberge du Manoir, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see next summer ! Have a good Day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Stavanger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We really enjoyed our week at Auberge du Manoir. Best skiing breakfast ever!
But the main reason for why I can reccomend the hotel is the superb service from the owners!
They were very helpfull and smiling in all situations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for review! It went straight to our heart. Best regards.
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hi all,

I booked this hotel mainly based on the amazing reviews it has, so I feel like warning the next potential guests: the hotel is OK, it's actually nice, however I hope you never have to deal with the management, we had a terrible experience, please be careful and read everything in the contract much more carefully than you usually do...
I booked in November a room for January, and already over the phone they were quite annoyed, very impolite. Anyway, after begging 3 times on the phone and a couple of emails, I managed to get a room - so lucky ;)

They sent me the usual 3-page contract that I didn't fully read - I was so stupid that I thought conditions are the normal ones for every hotel - but NO! Be careful.
Basically at some point in the 3 pages it says that reception closes at 21.30 and if you get there later than that you have to advise well in advance and by written email.
I told them we would arrive at 9 pm but that Friday we had an emergency at work so I called at 9 to say we would get there at 10 pm (not 2 am, 10 pm which I think is quite normal as a check in time...).
the answer was: no way, reception closes at 9.30, you won't get in. I proposed that they leave the key somewhere or take it with them and we would go get it at their place, etc. No way, after trying all my best to convince them to find a solution, I still had to stay at home that night, we went there the next day and they fully charged for the room even after arguing for half an hour. they were not accomodating at all and didn't try to be helpful, also they have a code to get in so it was enough to give us the code by phone and leave the key somewhere inside, but they decided instead to let us out.

I never had such a frustrating experience with management at any hotel before, and I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.
The rooms are nice although very small, but bad service makes it an absolute NO.

Chamonix is beautiful, we went there many times and there are many other accomodations available that will give you a better experience!
If you still book there, don't be late ;) also for the check-out, I think it says in the contract that if you check out after 11 you will get charged half the cost of the room on top, and given what happend to us I am sure they would do it even if you leave the room at 11.10... good luck!! :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Stefania C
AubergeduManoir, Gérant at Auberge du Manoir, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Our Terms and Conditions, including Cancellation Terms, appear on every booking proposal prior to confirmation. The opening times of the reception desk are also displayed in the email which is sent with all booking proposals and confirmations.

Furthermore, every customer is contacted a few days prior to the arrival date in order to confirm their arrival time.

The opening times were established to ensure fairness and mutual respect for everyone, whether they are a customer, employee or manager.

Notwithstanding the necessary fire regulations that must be complied with, every member of our team, including managers, also have families to care for and it would be a presumption on anyone’s part to try to reorganise their working hours, thus impacting on their private lives.

We would also like to remind you that customers are free to either confirm or refuse booking proposals.

We hope that during your next trip to Chamonix you can visit us again to fully appreciate all the charm that small establishments like ours has to offer, as well as the operating rules in place which distinguish us from large hotel chains.
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

It is a charming, cozy, comfortable, clean, centrally located, tastefully decorated, rustic yet modern place to stay in Chamonix. The staff is friendly, helpful and speak good English. We went there last summer and going back again this summer. The breakfasts are wholesome and sumptuous. A very delightful hotel overall!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AubergeduManoir, Manager at Auberge du Manoir, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thanks a lot, it is a pleasure for us to make your stay in Chamonix a wonderful moment.
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

First of all, I am fully aware that the general opinion related to the hotel is splendid, I suppose that my experience is a misfortune, and the others visitors will continue to enjoy the hotel. Secondly, I'll try to describe only pure facts and not to mix up those with my emotions.
So, where should I start. I was planning to spend the 2-weeks New Year's vacation in Chamonix, to make it more perferct I booked a room in a number one hotel in advance. I enjoyed the reviews and the staff attitude, they even kindly agreed to receive my prepaid sim card and hand it to me upon my arrival.
We checked in, we liked our room with two balconies, not to spacious but nice and cosy with a chalet-oriented design. Then, when the night came, I've noticed a couple of insects on our white bedsheet, and a couple of others on my pillow, and a dozen of those hanging out under my pillow and on the wall. I am not very good at that but our room-mates were looking as bed bugs, as well as the newly adopted reactions of our skin were quite similar to those red spots of bed bugs' victims.
We informed the owners and they informed a special service and of course treated the room with special cleaners. They said the room was not inhabited for a couple of months, and the other visitors had earlier brought these wonderful creatures.The next day, out stuff was transferred to another room as it was prescribed by the service (we were informed about the probability of this event in advance). Nevertheless, our stuff was transferred only partially, for the evening we didn't have coats, boots, lingerie and some of the other clothes which had to be left in the room or laundered. Sitting there, in the room without balconies of a lower type, without our clothes, my boyfriend informed the owners about his unwilligness to pay for these three days in that room. The owners happened to agree.
In three days, after we'd put our ski boots we were informed that we need to put all our stuff together as after 15.00 the room will be occupied by another guests. So, we took our ski boots off and spent approximately an hour moving our stuff to the newly cleaned room with an acrid smell of its cleanness.
When the payment time came, we were also informed that the insects were not the fault of the owners, that we evaluated the price of our damage on our own and if we did not want to pay for those three days we had to explain that fact in written form. As we did not receive the "discount" voluntarily, we just paid all the sum not willing to be engaged in any kind of troubles.
And the climax of the cleaning process is the fact that during our last days we saw a bed bug again (the photo is attached).
That's all about bugs.
The Wi-Fi signal was absent during some evenings, days and mornings, it was related to the new system, or whatever. The owners acknowledged that.
Other things like the attention of the staff, the good location you'll learn from the other reviewers.
P.S. I hope we are not carrying the insects with us, as it would be very unpleasant for us and for the other hotel in which we later lived; moreover, we did not receive any apologies for this little inconvenience. Avoid room No 3, then.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank R0zaS
AubergeduManoir, Gérant at Auberge du Manoir, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Customer,

We are very sorry that you recently had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. We would like to thank you firstly for agreeing to move to another room and, secondly, for accepting only a limited access to your personal belongings throughout the 3 days necessary to have the room and all its contents thoroughly treated. We would like to assure you that the required phytosanitary protocol has been strictly adhered to, in order to resolve this sudden and completely unforeseeable problem, since these undesirable ‘guests’ are unfortunately transported by travellers.

We even arranged for all the woodwork in the room to be dismantled to ensure that this problem had been completely resolved.

As you did not wish to pay for your stay in full, we asked you to provide the detail of this in writing so that this financial loss could be accounted for in our records.

Furthermore, our hotel does not consent to giving discounts in exchange for positive reviews or to keep unhappy customers quiet.

We hope that during your next trip to Chamonix you can visit us again to fully appreciate all the efforts made by our team to ensure your stay is a complete success.
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just spent three magnificent days and nights in Chamonix, and the accommodations at Auberge de Manoir were perfect. The location and comfort were 5 star but the breakfasts were off the charts - 10 stars! A million thanks to the proprietors, chef Muriel and her husband Frederic - and to the staff, Josiane and Helene. You made our stay the highlight of our vacation! Chamonix itself offers so much ... Ahhh!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AubergeduManoir, Gérant at Auberge du Manoir, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Wow, thanks a lot for this kind review! It is a pleasure to hear that you spent a nice time with us and our mountains :) Hope to see you soon
Rayne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location near to the montenvers station. Easy walk into town. Well appointed room lovely cosy bar. Friendly hosts hosts. A dinner option would have been good as I feel the owners would have done this superbly. Having said that there is plenty of varied choice nearby.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lorddandelion
AubergeduManoir, Gérant at Auberge du Manoir, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thanks for your comment!