“terrific hotel and hosts”
Review of Auberge du Manoir

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Auberge du Manoir
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Geneva
“terrific hotel and hosts”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm not sure I can add anything to previous raving reviews. The hotel is perfectly located, lovely, immaculate rooms (we took a cheap room without view as we don't stay much in it, and it still had a lovely garden view!). The outdoor bath is really cool. Terrific breakfast buffet. And dedicated, hosts, who gave us amazing restaurant suggestions. WIFI and parking are free. I'm trying to think of a down side, but really, I think this is one of the loveliest hotels I've ever been in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TanteSam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
new york
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the Auberge du Manoir this September: it a magical experience. We were greeted by Frederic and his wife, who own and run the hotel and were simply perfect hosts. The hotel is charming, clean and extraordinarily peaceful. It is surrounded by lovely garden and fruit trees, and situated at the end of dead end street. Hence, it is quite and yet still very near the center of town (5 minute walk). The beds and rooms are exceptionally comfortable: I haven't slept so well in years. After a long day of hiking, the full volume warm shower was greatly appreciated. It was so nice to sit on the balcony at the end of the day and enjoy the magnificent views in all directions.
We opted for breakfast in the hotel the first morning because of convenience. There was lots to chose from, but we generally opted for the wide variety of fresh fruits, croissants, other pastries, breads, fresh orange juice, excellent cheeses, and excellent espresso. I could have sat there all morning enjoying it. Then again, one look through the telescope in the breakfast room, and we were called to the trails. Needless to say, we had breakfast in the hotel everyday: it was excellent, enjoyable and quite inexpensive. Frederic gave us recommendations for restaurants -- every one of which had great food and a splendid atmosphere.
I travel a lot for work and pleasure; the Auberge was one of the most pleasant hotels I have ever stayed in. My only regret is that the surrounding mountains make it hard to stay inside and fully enjoy the hotel. I can't wait to come back to Chamonix and the Auberge du Manoir.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ithacan_argonot
South East
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed there for a week with my Son while we climbed the mountains. Very welcoming and the owners hospitality was personal and attentive. The rooms were comfortable and the beds just right for two weary people. Breakfast was great with fresh pastries and bread, still warm from the oven along with fruits and meats/cheese in plentiful supply. I'll definitely go back there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cromagnumal
Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was my 4th visit to Chamonix over the years....and 4th hotel....best visit and best hotel yet. Exceptionally clean and well cared for property. Charming, inviting rooms, superb breakfast (including homemade yogurt). But the best part of the stay was the owners' hospitality and continued attentiveness. In the past, as a non-French speaking American, I have found Chamonix to be more than a bit unwelcoming.....even in my hotel! Here, however, the owners made every effort to make me feel as welcome as their French guests. The owners must take great pride and delight in their hotel.....never saw anyone else tending the front desk or the breakfast room. Just a delight. Made it very difficult for me to leave the hotel to go out climbing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Stacey R
Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Chamonix was one of our last stops on a 5 week trip. We booked this hotel on the strength of the trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Frederique looked after us as the hotel and encouraged me to practice my very poor French. He was fun and friendly. Beyond your typical hotel manager / owner.
The rooms were comfortable and beautifully furnished. We booked late and the only room left was a mini suite. It was great value. It had super comfortable king size bed and we had a view of Mt Blanc from our balcony.
We had a coffee before we left and were given mini pastries to accompany them.
All in all fabulous.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank mattjennkeys
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked this hotel on the strength of it's great reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is stylishly decorated, with great views of Mont Blanc and located right in the centre of Chamonix. What made our stay special was the friendly and excellent service from the hotel owners- nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel very welcome. I would thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank juliebrummitt
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Italy and absolutely loved it. It is a few minutes walk from the centre of town and has private parking. The rooms are really pretty and very comfortable with great views. Breakfast was excellent with lovely pastries and home made yogurt. The owners try very hard to make you feel welcome and obviously care very much about what they do.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple