“Horrible experience: disgusting fondue, rude service”
Review of Le Sanjon - CLOSED

Le Sanjon
Cuisines: French
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We lived in geneva and go regularly to chamonix. We had one of the worst experiences ever in a restaurant. We ordered fondue aux tomates (my favorite fondue!) and pierrade and the fondue was just... Horrible!!!!! The pan was half liquid and half a cheese mass that looked like chewing gum. I complained and the lady told me that it is because they dont put maizena!!!!! Well, i have cooked fondue for over a decade and never used maizena in my life and I never made a fondue with such horrible texture. It was really uneatable. Then she kept saying that in savoie fondues are like this. Well, again, we often eat in chamonix, megeve etc... And we never had in front of us such a horrible thing. The worst is that in any case they could not care less whether we liked our food or not. The owner and the waitress were constantly in the bar playing in the internet with labtops. At the end they charged us for everything and since i just wanted to leave such horrible place as fast as possible. We payed. I really dont understand the positive reviews... Unless they have changed owners. What a terrible place.....

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Raclette au feu du bois unique in Chamonix, excellent fondue and various kind of meat. Patricia is the perfect host, always finds a table for you and your friends and celebrates your venue.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

their Raclette ! Excellent :-)
the Lady who seemed to be very much in charge ! was great fun and very efficient and the staff went out of their way to provide us with good service. many thanks

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We had a party of 7 and ordered a variety of foods. My wife had the fondu and loved it. 3 of us ordered the meat grill. It was fantastic and also a lot of fun to cook each piece as you went along. Great wine list and excellent service. Located right in the middle of town.

1  Thank Globetrekers
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Very cozy restaurant right in the middle of town with delicious fondue! I had the one with tomatoes and potatoes and it was by far the best meal that I had all weekend for a decent price. There were loads of more traditional dishes to choose from and it was a plus that a local recommended us to go eat there. Always eat where the locals do!