“Staff unpolite, great food”
Review of Le Boccalatte

Le Boccalatte
Ranked #86 of 236 Restaurants in Chamonix
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

the staff seems to hate Italians: says you do not need to book and hen say - that after an hour - that if you haven't booked you can't eat. But the food is worth, very good and excellent value for money.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Based on the recommendation of a local resident we met skiing we tried Le Boccalatte and found the food and service excellent. We enjoyed it so much we ate dinner here twice while in Chamonix. The salads were large, fresh, and delicious and the pizza was good too. The price is extremely reasonable for the quantity and freshness of the dishes. Although the wait staff is busy we were served promptly both evenings. If you are looking for a local restaurant where you can just walk in and get a variety of food that is fresh and delicious then try Le Boccalatte.

1  Thank twickski
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Food average, service below average, waiter didn't really look as if he cared and was more interested in speaking to his friend over the barrier of the upstairs eating area! He did have a nice smile but didn't really look genuine!! Nice pizza's tho

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I can't really understand why this restaurant isn't higher in the rankings. This is my second season in Chamonix, and I go to Le Boccalatte probably more than any other restaurant for lunch/dinner. Why? Because it's reasonably cheap and the food always tastes fresh - which is not something you can say about some of the restaurants on the same street. Down the road at Alan Peru I've had old-tasting chicken in a lunch salad (although I think Alan Peru is still pretty good - amazing desserts) and at La Poele next-door I've had Moules-Frites where the mussels were tiny compared to those at Boccalatte. And let's not talk about the tourist-trap restaurants in the centre of town...

I don't think the staff are rude at all, although they certainly look busy - but personally I prefer not to have a waiter fawning all over me. Tasty french food, all the local dishes you'd expect, but nothing too pretentious and always fresh. All at a reasonable price - works for me.

1  Thank Parnty
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent tasty food, great staff, if a little rushed of their feet, Excellent free wi fi too. Great value for Chamonix