UCPA Chamonix
$134
$130
Hotels.com
Hotel Le Faucigny(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
  • Spa
Hotel l'Heliopic(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
$161
$96
Priceline
  • Pool
Mercure Chamonix Centre Hotel(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
$86
$77
  • Restaurant
Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc(Vallorcine)(Great Value!)
$107
$99
Le Morgane(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
$106
$101
  • Pool
Le Refuge des Aiglons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
$100
$86
  • Pool
Hotel de l'Arve(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
$85
$75
Orbitz.com
$301
$288
All reviewspacked lunchstretching classesoff pisteski passequipment hireski areaper dayrooms are comfortableski lessonstwo nightsthe busgrand montetsaiguille du midiinstructorhostelpasseslock
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I've just returned from spending a week on an off piste ski course with UCPA chamonix. I have to say that it was a fantastic experience, the staff and organisation of the UCPA was very good, very friendly and helpful at all times and the extra effort by everyone to make new years evening meal etc special was brilliant. the guiding and instruction on the course was also really good and my skiing has improved as a result. UCPA chamonix is most definitely good value for money, as long as you aren't worried about mucking in then you'll have a great time and meet some amazing people, thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a bottom bunk!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mark m
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I spent Christmas there with 30 friends. Everything was awesome.

The staff is super friendly and the place has a nice buzz.It's also a great place to meet people from other countries.The food is excellent.

We enjoyed the dancing,karaoke,board games,quizzes...

The ski instructors are amazing !

We also got passes which gave us unlimited access to the cable cars and the train.

The receptionist even helped us to get a paragliding session.

If I had to describe my stay in one word,I would say - Memorable !

Oh n btw - They all speak English,which is quite a relief !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2011

UCPA Chamonix is one of the great UCPA’s in regards to the rooms, food and the rest of the layout! Food was amazing and the staff as friendly as can be! The UCPA is also located conveniently in town close the main attractions of Chamonix. The only thing that put me of at UCPA Chamonix comparing them to other UCPA’s that I have been is the fact that the Chamonix Valley is stretched out and one have to have a considerable hike to the closest ski area or you have to catch a bus that is usually cramped up with other punters. I would say if you are heading all the way out to Le Tour to ski down the Swizz side of the mountain at the end of the day and catch the train back, so much more convenient! But beside the location comparison to ski area the UCPA is one of the great one’s and I had a blast there meeting loads of new people of similar level that will be hooking up on this years trips again! O, and the instruction for our group could have been better, but I think that might just have our group as lessons at other UCPA’s have always been great!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Last January I went to UCPA Chamonix with 3 mates for a weeks skiing, booking through Action Outdoors.

I didnt know what to expect but we were very happy with the excellent value for the all inclusive trip!

The transfer was smoothly carried out and we arrived at the centre, a few seconds from the central street in Cham!

The hostel is a great base with 4 people to a room in bunk beds and balconies. More than comfortable with loads of hot water for showers and the rooms were clean.

The equipment is great and the lessons/ski experience is world class.

The best thing about UCPA is the food. You get breakfast buffet (loads of options), packed or hot lunch and an amazing gourmet dinner (3+ courses ranging from Paella to Steak etc!)

There are great activities at night including quizzes, poker nights, discos and karaoke. The bar is cheap and the people are fun. What more do you want.

We booked through Action Outdoors and have done again for this January using the discount code EB2011.

We met loads of people who we are still friends with and had amazing skiing, especially at Le Tour (Domaine de Balme).

If you want an amazing, fun and exciting skiing trip to the best ski resort in the world then go here!

Room Tip: You can have a 4 person dorm or pay a little extra for a 2 person room.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went to cham with a large group, so good i have re-booked this year. The food was great as were the staff. The rooms are a little cramped for spare space as we had bed bunks. This is not a problem as there are bars etc. Perfect compared to my experiance of large chalets. It is a hostel but of the best variety (friendly and lots to do).
It is right in the center of town and far cheaper than any of the hotels that offer a simlar level of service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends