“Terrible service!”

Ranked #29 of 231 Restaurants in Chamonix
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This restaurant is one of the few that serves breakfast. Has a big English breakfast on the menu. Service is poor at best. Wanted eggs scrambled instead of fried and I was told it was not possible. The restaurant is always busy and hard to get a table.Apparently, some has a different opinion. We didn't go back!

1  Thank farmngal

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Elevation 1904 is a great bar offering a wide range of food from 07.30 for breakfast until late evening. The burgers are delicious, try the bacon and avocado, mmmmm. For breakfast we had a bacon and egg baguette, one is enough for two people unless you're a serious eater and it was spot on ! (I know you're in France but there are only so many croissant you can eat)
The bar plays a wide variety of music all day I think to most peoples taste and the staff are really good. It does get lively after 5.00 pm when the après ski starts.
I think it's probably one of, if not "the" best bar in Chamonix !!
There is only 1 toilet though for both males and females so you need to time things well.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

A friend and I stopped in for lunch after hearing a lot about this place. The inside is pretty small but it looks like the outside probably gets pretty busy. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and spicy wedges and my friend ordered a chicken, avocado baguette. My burger was very generic, flavorless and a let down compared to the burger I had at MBC. It came very quickly so I have a feeling the preformed patty was cooked earlier and reheated in a microwave and topped with what appeared to be slice of Kraft cheese. It was fine just not exciting or worth repeating. Definitely an affordable option, though, so that's a plus for budget conscious folks.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Buzzing bar, great menu, quick service, value for money, tasty, hot, busy, great staff, warm, good beer and house wine. Wish we had found it before our last day!,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Sitting in the bar right now enjoying the free wifi, listening to live music over a few drinks.

This has turned out to be our preferred venue for breakfast and after ski nibbles and drinks due to the reasonable prices, great range of food and reliable wifi. This is our third visit in 4 days and will likely also come for breakfast tomorrow.

Staff are very friendly, espressos decent, but the real strength is the delicious food and relatively cheap prices compared to other places around Chamonix.

Will be back for sure.