One of the best restaurant experiences ever! Old school French service with great Maître D and outstanding sommelier Christian Martray, in fact all the people working there try to make your stay as perfect as possible. The cooking is really world class, we had langoustines, duck liver and great poularde de Bresse stuffed with truffels. All this accompanied with local wines from Savoie of outstanding value for money. The sweets were heavenly good as was our staying at the hotel. It is not the cheapest experience but if you have a special moment to share, go there! Chamonix is a marvellous place, the scenery is dominated by the Mont Blanc, just impressive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the foot of mont Blanc, Pierre Carrier, Perrine and Grand Chef Pierre Maillet have taken over this hotel, devoted to exceptional cuisine and local delicacies, founded in 1903 by 'great grandfather Carrier'. The rooms in the main hotel or the chalets in the garden offer both modern and warm comfort. On the one hand, there is the superb menu at the Albert 1er with its elaborate recipes influenced by the Piedmont and Liguria and, on the other, the Maison Carrier restaurant with its specilaities to be enjoyed in the atmosphere of an old farmhouse or on the terrace while gazing out at the majestic beauty of mont Blanc. The indoor/outdoor swimming pool also boasts views of the eternal snows on the roof of Europe. An equally stunning and delicious address for winter or summer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Le Hameau Albert 1er reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Hotel Chamonix
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Chamonix