Early March 2012, I came to Chamonix to ski and had no arrangements for the first night. Fairly late at night, I saw the hotel while driving by, and stopped to inquire about availability. From the first moment, all went very well. There was a simple but cozy room for me -- with luxurious amenities -- very kind, smiling and accommodating staff, all questions answered, and a comfortable night's sleep. In the morning, I got directions to ski rental, to ski slopes, perfect parking for my car and a shuttle to the Brevant ski area if I did not want to use the car. Three minutes' walk to the center of town. Excellent breakfast. Subdued but elegant hotel with a great spa, pool and hot tub for apres ski -- with staff always ready to respond to every wish. I seldom do things spontaneously when I travel but I acted on a spur of the moment this time and I was very well rewarded. Please check this hotel out next time you are in Chamonix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the foot of mont Blanc, Pierre Carrier, Perrine and Grand Chef Pierre Maillet have taken over this hotel, devoted to exceptional cuisine and local delicacies, founded in 1903 by 'great grandfather Carrier'. The rooms in the main hotel or the chalets in the garden offer both modern and warm comfort. On the one hand, there is the superb menu at the Albert 1er with its elaborate recipes influenced by the Piedmont and Liguria and, on the other, the Maison Carrier restaurant with its specilaities to be enjoyed in the atmosphere of an old farmhouse or on the terrace while gazing out at the majestic beauty of mont Blanc. The indoor/outdoor swimming pool also boasts views of the eternal snows on the roof of Europe. An equally stunning and delicious address for winter or summer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Le Hameau Albert 1er reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Hotel Chamonix
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Chamonix