“Ski ing at Christmas.”

Mont Blanc and Chamonix Half day Trip
Ranked #3 of 71 things to do in Chamonix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From Chamonix (1035m), fly over the forest to reach le Plan de l’Aiguille in 10 minutes (2317m). On your right, the Glacier des Bossons, in front of you the Mont-Blanc (4810m), on your left the Aiguille Verte, the Drus and the Aiguilles de Chamonix. Then take a second cable car which, in just 10 minutes takes you up to 3777m, over the seracs, the glacier des Pelerins and the hanging glaciers on the north face of the Aiguille du Midi. . From the top, a sightseeing panorama unique in the world. Experience a very high altitude.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went to this part of France for our first family Christmas abroad and it was amazing. There was 21 of us varying in ages from toddlers to older generations and I have to say we had a fabulous time. Went up the mountain as above and was amazed by the scenery (although I did get a little altitude sickness but this went after 20 minutes or so). It was wonderful to see the top of Mont Blanc in the middle of winter sitting drinking tea in shorts and t shirts.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,942)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"ticket office"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is an amazing place to visit. We were there in early May 2012, and I loved this trip. Even got my Mum on the cable car, well worth every moment and the look on her face when we were at the top.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is the main lift up to Mont Blanc, so it's an interesting mix of day walkers, tourists and real bona fide serious climbers! Easy to get a ticket but in summer months worth getting up early or booking a particular lift, as I'm sure queues become enormous. If you struggle with heights it will be a bit scary, particularly as it races from one section to the next, but there is plenty to settle your nerves when you get to the top. Views are stupendous and it is efficiently run.
Go for a combination ticket if you want to get the view from the other side (recommended), Brevant, and would highly recommend getting the train to the Mer de Glace (also included in a combination ticket)

1  Thank Oz_eco_wanderer
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm not usually nervous in trams and gondolas because I've been skiing since I was 5 years old. I went with a friend who was a bit timid of heights and she ended up freaking me out as she clung to the silver pole in the car like it was going to save her from whatever. Ha ha! Aside from this, the ride was amazingly smooth. The views were simply awe-inspiring. When you finally arrive at the top, the wind (at least the day we went) was pretty strong. On this particular day I did not ski but got chills when I saw people walking down from the cable car to start their run as it was a little icy and crowded. To warn you away from the edge (where the drop was pretty significant, (Empire State Building height) if you tumbled over) was a tiny little one rope barrier. Even more amazing was seeing the people climbing up the steep face of the mountain thousands and thousands of feet up. It made my butt pucker just thinking about it. :)

At any rate, this was incredible and so worth having a mini panic attack to see this gorgeous spectacle of nature. It makes you stop for a moment seeing all this splendor and realizing that a group of brave and incredibly strong men hauled cables up this mountain on their backs so that we can enjoy experiencing Aiguille de Midi's majesty.

2  Thank DeannaTravels