“Great Pizzeria”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great Pizzas in forest decor. Service good but gets swamped with phone orders so delays of an hour inevitable.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had been in the mountains for 2 days and had decided to try and keep the food bill as cheap as possible, we asked the hotel staff to see if they knew anywhere and they suggested Pizza Paradiso. A lot of the locals order takeaway pizza here but, there is a small seating area both inside and out. The menu choices are extensive and there are three sized pizzas to choose from. We chose the medium sized pizza which cost around 12-15 euros, so average price for a main meal but, I can safely say I wasn't disappointed. I was so full after not eating even half of the pizza and the chips were good to. The pizzas are cooked in a pizza oven which makes the base really tasty and crunchy. Beer was priced at around 3.50-4.00 euros so not bad. I would definitely order pizza here again, the staff did not speak very good English but, we got what we ordered and didn't have any bother.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I come here all the time for take-away pizzas which are good, will definitely fill you up and are ready to pick up relatively quickly (but don't expect the pizzas to be made within half an hour on a Friday or Saturday night). However, my friend and I decided to eat-in once and I honestly have never experienced such rude staff. They could not care less and spoke to us in an abusive manner when all we asked for was cutlery ... we didn't know it was self-service, so remember that if you visit this place!
I will definitely never eat-in here again and probably get take-away from elsewhere, as there are other pizza restaurants in Chamonix for practically the same price.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Still my favourite place to get a pizza in Chamonix. It's a shame they don't capitalise on their uniqueness. They could do really well.
Don't expect table service, they will call your name and expect you to collect it from the desk.
Food is as my previous review except pizza was a little burnt this time.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Big doughy pizzas with cheapo ingredients. If you like that kind of Pizza, this is your place! There are more authentic Italian-style pizzas available in Chamonix for the same price, but this will definitely fill you up. They offer a delivery service (the only place in Chamonix), but it is only available up until 18:00 - about 2 hours before one might normally have dinner, so only handy for lunchtime.